Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

EZD2 as plugin – support for MacOS High Sierra

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Konstantin Harin
    Participant

@James Guthrie said:

I’m no tech guy but merely a consumer. As such, I find this to be terrible customer service. Mac OS High Sierra was slated to come out for some time and has been out for several weeks now. No reason that Toon Track hasn’t addressed this yet. I’m very disappointed and will probably not purchase another product from them.  

I agree the message from James. This is really not understandable why we’re waiting for update so long time. And, of course, the beta of MacOS High Sierra was available for all software developers a long time BEFORE Apple makes a final release.

Hej People from Toontrack Support, we’re you?? How long we need to wait for update? And why no one inform us about progress? Thank you in advance!

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

As far as we know our plug-ins work well on High Sierra for all the formats: VST, AAX and AU. The only problem is garageband. The reason for this would seem to be that Apple has deliberately decided that garageband should no longer be able to use normal AUs. Garageband is now an iPhone App first and a computer program second. There may still be workarounds. You could try this one:

https://ask.audio/articles/audio-plugins-not-working-in-garageband-on-macos-10-13-high-sierra-here-s-a-fix

Still, this is a short term solution. It may be that you have to use another DAW than garageband if you want to use Toontrack products in the future.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Konstantin Harin
    Participant

Hej Olle, thank you for the workaround. It really works. Now we all can wait until the update for EZD2 will be ready. Thank you again.

vertibration
    Participant

I use Ableton Live, and EZDrummer is missing. I also own SD2, and that works fine. This sucks lol. Oh well, we are shit out of luck

Olof

@vertibration said:
    I use Ableton Live, and EZDrummer is missing. I also own SD2, and that works fine. This sucks lol. Oh well, we are shit out of luck  

Ableton Live should not be affected by this issue, only GarageBand. I see you have contacted support already – good.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Cimmerian07
    Participant

Hello, Olof:

Is there any news on the compatibility problem with EZ Drummer 2 and GaragaBand?

I would like to purchase more Toontrack products–I have quite a few and have been a very happy customer so far–but until I know I can have full use of them with GarageBand (without a workaround that needs to be repeated for every new session) I am hesitant about buying more, as I know you understand. GaragaBand is a very popular DAW, and it would in the interest of both Toontrack and Apple to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Do you have an estimate of when we can expect a solution?

Sincerely,
    Wilhelm

Olof

We have an update in the works that will fix the problem. I can’t say when it will be released because it depends on how the testing will go.

Coder

Cimmerian07
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Olof. Toontrack creates very fine products, and I trust your team will figure this out before too long. Best of luck with the testing.

Rob Quesada
    Participant

@Olof said:
    You should have access now.  

albakirky
    Participant

What is the work around for those that cannot access the above link?

John

@albakirky:
    You should have access now.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

climbz
    Participant

Are there any news to fix the high sierra update???

Olof

It’s still in testing.

Coder

Joe Luiggi
    Participant

I’m new to EZD2. I can’t see it in Logic or Ableton as a plugin. I don’t have access to the workaround either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Hi Joe,

there is no need for the workaround in other apps that Garageband.
    In Logic, are you opening an AU Instrument on a Stereo Instrument Track?
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-open-ezdrummer-in-logic/

In Ableton, you can use both the AU version of the plugin and the VST version.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.