EZ3 and Superior 3: Same Audio Quality?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • John

Hi,

you will not hear any difference between the instrument engines. SD3 can load both EZdrummer EZX libraries and Superior Drummer SDX libraries, which EZdrummer 3 cannot.

Newer EZX:s have an increased bit depth compared to the original ones but an EZX loaded in one or the other should not sound different. You have a regular mixer with filters/EQ/FX in SD3 whereas the mixer in EZD3 is more locked to the currently loaded preset. You can create Sends and Buses in SD3, which you can’t in EZD3.

SD3 is much more configurable and gives you more control over individual articulations, bleed and mixer channels. And you can create Macros which can be MIDI Controlled.
    EZD3 has got Bandmate, which SD3 hasn’t.

I would say EZD3 is easier to learn and gets you great-sounding drums right out of the box. SD3 takes more time to learn and if you aren’t interested in all the extra bells and whistles, EZD3 is your choice. You will not hear any difference using the same instruments in the two, apart from being able to create your own FX in SD3.

I can’t recommend a specific DAW. LUNA has been a bit restricted when it comes to VI’s with multiple outputs but I don’t know if that’s still the case. Otherwise, I’m sure it’s good.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.