Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

EZ2 Tempo – Double/Half time

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

It’s planned to be included in a coming update – stay tuned :)

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Louis Yovino
    Participant

Yes! Thanks for the heads up.

iMac Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16 GB, Mavericks 10.9..
    Logic X, Live 9.1 Suite, Push, Apogee Ensemble

chozopuffs
    Participant

Hi –
    What is the progress of this potential update?

Like with Superior Drummer 2, I am looking for those 1/2x, 1x, 2x buttons that allow you to quickly hear a beat in your browser at different play speeds. I can’t find it if it’s there, and it’s a pain in the behind to have to use both superior and ezdrummer to browse my library…

Kevin
    Participant

New update is nice.. but it appears that this request is still not added – 1/2x, 1x, 2x really need to be accessible while working with the MIDI grooves in the browser.

Roger Keay
    Participant

Yes, please, please, please add this back in the next update. Especially useful for LP percussion auditions!

Fonojet
    Participant

Yes, please… When do You plan to include it?? Thanks a lot!

Jody Ellis
    Participant

Unless you add this as promised I will have to downgrade to EZ drurmmer 1.
    Henrik promised us this feature more than a year ago.
    Will it ever happen?
    Thanks

Henrik
    Participant

It is implemented as a right click option directly on MIDI blocks on the song track, that wasn’t the case on the first versions of EZdrummer 2. We are aware that some users wants the feature from EZD1; where the tempo could be set directly in the browser. It is, due to several reasons, not just for us to put in a button that does this. I can’t make any promises about this feature – but I can promise that we do as much as possible to please our customers with the time we have…

Toontrack

Fonojet
    Participant

Unusable.. I need to listen in halftime before I pick midi-groove… Thx a lot.

Aime Dallaire
    Participant

Hello,
    While on this topic, I would also like to have the ability to stretch / compress midi flies not only by double and half-time, but also by 33%, 66%, 75%, 133% and 150%.
    This may sound silly, but I find this feature ( already implemented in a concurrent drum instrument) most useful for turning straight beats into triplets or vice-versa. Or simply for ‘happy accident’.

In my view this greatly enhance the value of any midi library.

Thanks for considering 😉

Jody Ellis
    Participant

Too bad you are not able to have a better half time/double time fix.
    I have downgraded to EZdrummer 1 after paying for the EZdrummer 2 upgrade
    What a shame but with the way I work EZdrummer 2 is unusable because I cannot audition quickly and efficiently.

Thanks for trying

Dave.Bucher
    Participant

@Henrik said:

It is implemented as a right click option directly on MIDI blocks on the song track, that wasn’t the case on the first versions of EZdrummer 2. We are aware that some users wants the feature from EZD1; where the tempo could be set directly in the browser. It is, due to several reasons, not just for us to put in a button that does this. I can’t make any promises about this feature – but I can promise that we do as much as possible to please our customers with the time we have…

When I copy this from the MIDI block, it is still in normal time. Am I doing something wrong???

Henrik
    Participant

W

@Dave.Bucher said:
    When I copy this from the MIDI block, it is still in normal time. Am I doing something wrong???

It doesn’t work when you right click a block on the song track and select Change Tempo/Half (or Double) tempo?

Toontrack

motopilot73
    Participant

@Henrik said:

W

@Dave.Bucher said:

It doesn’t work when you right click a block on the song track and select Change Tempo/Half (or Double) tempo?

To audition drums, it does not work as efficient workflow. It’s inefficient to the point of fundamentally degrading the entire product value to me. Wish I’d evaluated the product before I paid for the upgrade. Ezdrummer 1 was great for this.

David Fitzhugh
    Participant

Bummer… This Half-Time / Double-Time method is a big step down from the original EZDrummer.

How are we supposed to know if a Groove is right for a Song… if we need to ADD it to the Song in order to hear what that Groove sounds like??

For example, I just finished dragging 200+ Percussion Grooves into & out of the Song Window to create a cohesive Percussion track for ONE song.

And worse… What if we do not use Song Mode every single time we use EZDrummer 2??

To be fair… i AM a big, fat Toontrack Uber-Fan… but this is something I’m having a lot of trouble with in EZD2.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.