EZ Mix Packs – List of Presets

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scott

Do you have a specific EZmix expansion pack in mind?

Each expansion pack has 50+ presets included for various instruments (drums, bass, guitars, vocals, etc.) depending on the genre the preset pack in aimed at (for example, you won’t find any piano presets in the Metal pack).

I’m not sure what good a list of presets will do for you. Some of the names are quite esoteric. For example, names like ‘Drippy and Dreamy’ and ‘Soooo Vibey’ isn’t going to give you any indication of the sound of the preset.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ChMuhm
    Participant

Hi Scott, thanks for the answer.
    Maybe you have noticed, I buyed 20min ago the EZMix 😉
    Almost all my audiowerk is to make Karaoke Versions of well known songs for other people. So the music style is Popsongs, Top 40 songs, Oldies, Rock´n´Roll and Ballroommusic as well. No HipHop, Techno or Metal.
    What expansion pack(s) do you suggest?

Thanks
    Christian

Scott

For the widest selection of instrument preset (drums, bass, piano, acoustic and electric guitars, strings, and vocals) I would suggest the http://www.toontrack.com/product/latin-percussion-ezx/8. With the Core presets that ship with EZmix and the Songwriters Tools pack, you would cover alot of sound processing. You may also look into http://www.toontrack.com/product/latin-percussion-ezx/0 or http://www.toontrack.com/product/vintage-rock-ezx/0 as a second or third choice if you find you’re needing more variety.

Remember that experimentation is the key when using any of these preset packs with EZmix. Try a snare preset on a guitar track. Try a vocal preset on a snare. Stack multiple EZmixes on a single track and load a preset on each. Use your imagination and come up with unique sounds.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

^^^^^^
    Exactly. To a certain extent ignore the pre-set names.
    You can see a list of the components in each pre-set, but it’s also worthwhile just spinning through all pre-sets until you find one that gives the desired result. A piano pre-set can sound killer on drums.

Nathan
    Participant

And when you find a preset you like, go into the effects and work out why it works. Presets are a great “inside view” into some of the methods of compression and EQ.

Sometimes trying presets can be a good way to find something new or surprising -you’ll find a process you’d never think of applying to an instrument.

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Whitten
    Participant

Yeah.
    But with EZMix it’s a little hard to get inside the effects or how they were used.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.