Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZ Drummer Update download paused " file could not be created " ?

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Olof

You probably don’t have write permissions (to create new files) in the directory that is selected as download location. Check Tools > Options. Easiest may be to change the download location, otherwise fix the permissions there.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: copperdog
    copperdog
    Participant

Olof,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have downloaded all outstanding upgrades using your advice to change permissions to the download file location.

The install for ( original version ) EZDrummer and upgrade for EZDrummer 2 came through from Product Manager to my main laptop Win 10.

However I wanted to load ( original version ) EZDrummer to a seperate tower computer in my studio that is not connected to internet. How do I transfer the complete instal of ( original version EZDrummer ) on the Win 10 laptop to the tower computer running Win 7 ?

If I have to bring the Win 7 tower over to an internet connection, will I still be able to access my Product Manager account that resides on the Win 10 laptop or will I need to download a seperate Product Manager account.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Operating system: Windows 7
    Olof

You could download the installer archive(s) on the laptop – click on Show Details first to see them. When they are downloaded, you can locate/identify them by using “Show in Explorer” in the menu to the right of them. Transfer them to the tower, for example via a USB stick, unzip them (“Extract All”) and run the installers.

Alternatively, connect the tower to the internet, download/install/start Product Manager, log in to your account and install from there.

Coder

uncle bub
    Participant

I am unable to update my Superior Drummer.  Receiving message: 4 downloads have stopped.  File could not be created. Permission denied.

What do I do?

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
    Olof

Change the download location in preferences.

Coder

lp59
    Participant

I’m on MacOs 12.2.1 Monterey and can’t download Toontracks EZ Drummer 2.2.3 update. I followed your advice to change download folder with no results.

It worked previously, but not anymore.

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)
    TBONE1968
    Participant

I’m in the same boat, did you find a fix?  Thx

Olof

Look in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files & Folders. Is any checkbox not ticked there for Toontrack Product Manager?

If that does not help, what is your download location set to?

Coder

TBONE1968
    Participant

All boxes checked. How do I see location?

Olof

How do I see location?

Select “Preferences” from the “Toontrack Product Manager” menu at the top of the screen. (This is for Mac, not Windows.)

Coder

TBONE1968
    Participant

Applications/toontracks

Olof

Yes, that’s not good. I suggest you click the Reset button.

Coder

TBONE1968
    Participant

Ok-I’ll give that a try. Thx

TBONE1968
    Participant

Will it direct me to a better path?  I have core and DND on MAC and Fields of Rock on external.

Olof

The default download location is Home/Downloads/Toontrack. It is just for downloading the installers, not where the libraries/products will be finally installed. After installing, you can delete the download/installer – normally by clicking the “Clean Up” button which will appear in Product Manager when it detects that the installation has been done.

Coder

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.