Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Ez Drummer to EZ Drummer 2

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott

See the FAQ here. http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=139777 If you already own EZdrummer, you can purchase the upgrade. If you purchased EZdrummer between March 13 and May 6, you will be eligible for a free upgrade.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Soundhound
    Participant

Ok, sounds good thanks Scott. So just to check that I understood correctly from that thread: For current owners of EZ Drummer like myself, the update to EZ Drummer 2 will be $99. All the expansion packs which I have now will work with EX Drummer 2, and will in fact be updated with all the new sounds/capabilities of EZ Drummer 2 expansion packs?

Scott

Just to clarify, the EZXs will be optimized for EZdrummer 2 and include new graphics and effect chain presets. No new sounds in terms of kits.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Soundhound
    Participant

Understood, thanks. So will there be a whole new lineup of expansion packs? Will there, for example, be a new Funkmasters (or some other name) and new Indie, Jazz, Nashville etc? And will those have some capabilities etc that the originals don’t?

Scott

I don’t know what new EZXs will be released in the future. I only stated that the current EZXs will have an update. Those updates will be in the form of an updated GUI and effect chain presets.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

As I understand it, and I’m not ‘in’ on this, the updated EZX’s will be released as and when Toontrack complete upgrading them. They will all be free to owners of the EZD1 versions, but if you own multiple version 1 EZX’s, they won’t all be available in EZD2 format on May 6th. I’m not sure if you can still use version 1 in EZD2, I presume so. You just won’t have the enhancements until you upgrade (free) your EZX’s.

Ian Scott
    Participant

Just Watched the Video on you tube Cant wait for some of the new features with the Browser and the Song Creator

Rogue

ORIGINAL: Whitten As I understand it, and I’m not ‘in’ on this, the updated EZX’s will be released as and when Toontrack complete upgrading them. They will all be free to owners of the EZD1 versions, but if you own multiple version 1 EZX’s, they won’t all be available in EZD2 format on May 6th.

… the whole line up of EZX-s will be available on May 6. In fact both updated graphics and presets are included with EZdrummer 2, so you won’t need to install individual EZX-s updates, although there will be some adjustments made to them that are highly recommended that will come via updates to the individual libraries (and MIDI), but that is no different than how we have provided sound library updates thus far.

I’m not sure if you can still use version 1 in EZD2, I presume so. You just won’t have the enhancements until you upgrade (free) your EZX’s.

just to be sure there is no misunderstanding here: we are including additional resources that are only relevant to EZdrummer 2 (again, with EZdrummer 2 itself). In other words there are no such things as ‘EZdrummer 1 only compatible EZX’, they will all work inside EZdrummer 2 as well as EZdrummer 1, with the two main enhancements noted i.e new graphics and presets, off the bat. The EZX-s released up to this point will of course still be compatible with EZdrummer 1. That said there are some aspects of this EZX overhaul that will require a specific version of EZdrummer 1 to be installed (but again, that is not a departure of how we’ve handled this in the recent past), though that is not particularly a subject of interest to users upgrading so I won’t go into details here (not that any is required, as stated above we’ll make sure we don’t break compatibility of the current EZX-s line for users choosing not to upgrade, which should be enough info for them).

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rogue

ORIGINAL: Soundhound Understood, thanks. So will there be a whole new lineup of expansion packs? Will there, for example, be a new Funkmasters (or some other name) and new Indie, Jazz, Nashville etc? And will those have some capabilities etc that the originals don’t?

If you mean will these EZX-s be revisited, the answer is no – people, gear and places involved in those projects may be involved in future sound libraries but that’s not the same thing. If you mean will there be another ‘Jazz EZX’ (or other genre based EZX) in the future, then yes, that is I guess likely, but it will unlikely involve the same studio/kit/drummer/engineer combination.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Whitten
    Participant

Sorry. Shouldn’t have spoken out of turn, with no insider knowledge.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.