EZ DRUMMER LICENSE – using by various people

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Nathan
    Participant

I can see nothing in the licence agreement that stops you selling original recordings made with EZD. If there is, then there’s an awful lot of us contravening it..!

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

lordfakir
    Participant

Hmm I know that i can use EZdrummer for commercial usage, e.g. recording songs and then sell it, but im talking about situation when somebody come into my home studio, pay me for the recording , want to record a songs, and want to use MY EZ drummer. As long as it is on my computer is it ok?It’s like “normal” instrument in the studio which could be used?

Scott

You may have to get an ‘official’ reply from Toontrack, I’m just a tech, but the way I see it, if you are considered the ‘producer’ of the project, then it is ‘ok’. IOW, you’re at the helm of the project and involved in some way with production.

Software is not like it’s hardware equivalent. You can’t ‘rent it out’ to someone like you can a real drumset or guitar at the studio.

If you’re asking if a client can come into your studio and have carte blanche to use all your Toontrack software while you’re not there/involved in any way, I would say no.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.