Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZ Drummer 2 in Superior Drummer

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

Excellent Question in need of an Answer.

Scott

There will need to be an update to S2 before the new EZD2 libraries (Modern and Vintage) will work. Just the sounds and MIDI from EZD2 will work in S2 (after an S2 update that isn’t out yet). The other ezd2 features (song track, edit play style, tap2find, et al) are only available via the ezd2 plugin.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

peter
    Participant

YEAH me too Laugh
    I have EZD 1 and SD2 where are the options to get EZD 2 Cry

or is there a SD 3 coming with the cool features of EZD2 Wink

protools 10, 2/yamaha DTXpress III, 20 odd guitars

John

@thomas4d:
    What do you mean? Options to upgrade EZdrummer 1 to EZdrummer 2 has been around for a long time.
    There is no Superior Drummer 3.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Voxxa
    Participant

It’s 14.35 in the afternoon the 6th of May and still the upgrade isn’t available here in Sweden. I mean this is the country of origin to Toontrack and the guys haven’t even made it available. Do they measure only in Pacific time nowadays at Toontrack? Frown

Michael

@Voxxa said:

It’s 14.35 in the afternoon the 6th of May and still the upgrade isn’t available here in Sweden. I mean this is the country of origin to Toontrack and the guys haven’t even made it available. Do they measure only in Pacific time nowadays at Toontrack? Frown

These things take time. Its available now.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

diezelmonster666
    Participant

Kind of the same topic, but flip-flopped. If I would have SD2, would it be possible to use the samples of that in the new ED2? To be more specific, could I use an Avatar snare from that library in ED2?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank

John

Frank,

only EZdrummer sounds can be used in EZdrummer, no Superior SDX sounds.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Donna
    Participant

Toontrack should create a way for superior owners to get the songwriting features even if its a purchase plug like ezplayer 2 or something. Those song features are great but it is not a rational path to also buy ezd when you have superior

tboston007
    Participant

As an owner of EZD1 and SD2 I am wondering if the upgrade is worth it. It seems like the interface and new options are great but how do I utilize the best of what SD2 has to offer in better sounding drum kits and more options in regards to importing etc? Or, does the EZD2 upgrade surpass SD2 in features?

kmanick
    Participant

@reaperGG said:

Toontrack should create a way for superior owners to get the songwriting features even if its a purchase plug like ezplayer 2 or something. Those song features are great but it is not a rational path to also buy ezd when you have superior

this is where I am now as well. I have Superior but not EZ. I’d love the the new song features/tapping etc but I would think tht at some point we’d have those available to us in superior. I mean isn’t Superior the “flagship” product? or am I mistaken

Donna
    Participant

@kmanick said:

@reaperGG said:

this is where I am now as well. I have Superior but not EZ. I’d love the the new song features/tapping etc but I would think tht at some point we’d have those available to us in superior. I mean isn’t Superior the “flagship” product? or am I mistaken

Right. Now I can understand that these features took a lot of time and money to develop, and may be more than a S2 update. This might be a great opportunity for Toontrack to come up with a new product. Along the basic lines of EZplayer (being a midi tool only not a sampler), except with the melodic songwriting features of Ezkeys and the Drum featuers of Ezdrummer 2.

Maybe toontrack wants us to buy EZD2 also.. but I cant go that direction. I bought superior to have the best they have to offer. I don’t want to supplement that with EZD for just some of the features..

I would probably pay a reasonable price for a S2 update that gets these features or for a seperate plug like I described.

Harrison Deutsch
    Participant

@Scott said:

There will need to be an update to S2 before the new EZD2 libraries (Modern and Vintage) will work. Just the sounds and MIDI from EZD2 will work in S2 (after an S2 update that isn’t out yet). The other ezd2 features (song track, edit play style, tap2find, et al) are only available via the ezd2 plugin.

Hey Scott,

I am a SD2 owner with several SDX’s, but really impressed with the new unique features in EZ2. I would consider getting EZ2 as well, but wanted to know if my desired work flow is possible.

Basically, I would create my entire drum pattern song in EZ2, then drag all that midi into my DAW. In the DAW I would insert SD2 onto that track and have the midi trigger those samples for more mixing flexibility/quality.

Would the midi generated in EZ2 work seamlessly with SD2 sounds?

Thanks
    Harrison

Al Miller
    Participant

@reaperGG said:

@kmanick said:

@reaperGG said:

Right. Now I can understand that these features took a lot of time and money to develop, and may be more than a S2 update. This might be a great opportunity for Toontrack to come up with a new product. Along the basic lines of EZplayer (being a midi tool only not a sampler), except with the melodic songwriting features of Ezkeys and the Drum featuers of Ezdrummer 2.

Maybe toontrack wants us to buy EZD2 also.. but I cant go that direction. I bought superior to have the best they have to offer. I don’t want to supplement that with EZD for just some of the features..

I would probably pay a reasonable price for a S2 update that gets these features or for a seperate plug like I described.

Agreed 100%

John

@Harrison.Deutsch said:
    I am a SD2 owner with several SDX’s, but really impressed with the new unique features in EZ2. I would consider getting EZ2 as well, but wanted to know if my desired work flow is possible.

Basically, I would create my entire drum pattern song in EZ2, then drag all that midi into my DAW. In the DAW I would insert SD2 onto that track and have the midi trigger those samples for more mixing flexibility/quality.

Yes, this works but you do not necessarily need to do it like that since you can enable the MIDI out in EZdrummer 2 and use the new Songwriting features outputting the MIDI to Superior 2, routed in your DAW.

Would the midi generated in EZ2 work seamlessly with SD2 sounds?

Yes.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.