Ez drummer 2 crosstalk issue

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hurtygurty
    Participant

Ya mostly on kik drum esp using double kiks

Robert G At Sounds Great Pro

John

Hi,

if you record the MIDI, does it reveal the crosstalk notes or not?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cody Jinkins
    Participant

I realize this is a very old post but thought I would give this a shot rather than starting a new post on the exact same subject. I’m having the same crosstalk issue and no, the notes don’t show up while recording but it is annoying nonetheless. Any suggestions from anyone would be a great help.

EZDrummer 2 w/Made Of Metal EXP, Roland E-drums w/TD-9 module, Lenovo Y50-70, Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 8 GB RAM, x64 bit, Windows 10, PreSonus Studio One 5 Artist DAW, PreSonus 1810c interface

John

Hi rockbeat64,
    could you please elaborate on your issue?

Which EZdrummer 2 version are you using?
    Is this in standalone?
    Which E-drum kit and module?
    Have you selected any MIDI Mapping Preset?

Describe exactly what you are hearing; are you experiencing cross-talk hits while playing but not when you play back recorded MIDI?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cody Jinkins
    Participant

I’m using v.2.2.2 with the newly updated Made Of Metal expansion pack. I’m using a Roland kit (mesh snare and kick pads and rubber tom pads) with the TD-9 module. I’ve done nothing as far as midi mapping. Could that be the problem? I’m new to using VSTs.

EZDrummer 2 w/Made Of Metal EXP, Roland E-drums w/TD-9 module, Lenovo Y50-70, Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 8 GB RAM, x64 bit, Windows 10, PreSonus Studio One 5 Artist DAW, PreSonus 1810c interface

Cody Jinkins
    Participant

When I strike my left rack tom I’m getting a choked crash cymbal from my right side crash cymbal. I indeed can hear it in recorded playback. Also I was wrong about the crosstalk notes showing in my DAW. They actually do.

John

OK,

in the EZdrummer 2 MENU in the upper right corner of the interface, go to Settings >E-drums… and select ‘Roland’ in the MIDI Mapping drop-down.

There’s also a HH Pedal Correction curve option there.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Cody Jinkins
    Participant

Thank you. I will check it out and see if that fixes the problem.

Cody Jinkins
    Participant

• This post was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Cody Jinkins.
    Cody Jinkins
    Participant

That did the trick! Thank you!

Yeah, I realize this is an old thread, but I’m also having issues with crosstalk in EZ Drummer 3. Big problem is that my module’s screen is barely visible and barely works so I cant change values there. Should I curve my velocities a certain way to fix this? I’m kinda new to all this.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.