EZ BASS?

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Davide Pagano
    Participant

+1
    I also asked for EZBass in another thread. It would be very useful!

gerryp
    Participant

@dr4kan said:

+1
    I also asked for EZBass in another thread. It would be very useful!

yep..and EZD/K/B integrated would be phenomenal…

David Gray
    Participant

+1
    I’m sure many people would love EZBass, and the possibilities for midi packs would be endless.

EZBass and a classical/symphonic midi pack for EZKeys and I’d be a very happy camper. Come on Toontrack – pretty please?

Peter Simson
    Participant

One word: Trilian.

Spectrasconics’ bass software is the absolute ultimate in realistic bass. You won’t get a library of patterns, but you will get every conceivable electric and acoustic bass instrument with every conceivable nuance (slides, staccato, mutes, harmonics, squeaks, etc.), plus tons of bells and whistles.

Frans Schoffelen
    Participant

Trillian is great like Peter said, BUT indeed the lack of some generation of patterns according to chords like Band In a Box ( or now even the DIgitech Trio Band creator pedal which uses their software) and MUSIC MEMOS from apple makes me use EZkeys and EZ drummer less and less. It’s not that the products aren’t great. EZdrummer is fantastic but it’s like you go to a gig and some members of the band did not show up 😉 and you still have to invest in a lot of work on different software that does not coaslece with the EZ drummer/keys combo.. . Seeing that even Apple can do it in a simple iOS app ( bass line generation and chord recognition + tempo rectified drums on a MOBILE!) it is getting hard to understand why this basic feature is lacking in the EZ line. I started asking 4 years ago. And I’m sure a lot of people don’t take the trouble or time to write in. So maybe setting up a new product takes a lot of time and you want to do it right but it doesn’t NEED to be a 30+ gB beast like Trillian. It just needs to e intelligent like BIB or Music Memos. and have a basic Bass to listen in and midi out to control any other bass. If it can be done on iOS with a dual core A6 what’s keeping you?

nickl23
    Participant

Exactly. I have Trillian and the sounds are great but it doesn’t help me sound like a real bass player. I’m a guitarist and we just think differently. A setup almost identical to EZ Keys would be ideal – Genre, various patterns/song parts etc. It would HAVE to be a whole lot simpler than EZ Keys for you guys to program, right? It’s mostly single notes. It’s the place that a lot of my projects get weak because although I have great bass sounds, I don’t have great bass performances. I need pro bass shuffles, walks, funk, blues, country, ballads – you name it. I’ve been asking for years now. Come on guys. Help out your loyal fan base and pull this one together. Fingers crossed.

kbj69
    Participant

Yeah,
    It would be a GREAT feature for Lazy/non bass player people like us ..
    PC nowadays can do much more than just a TRIO + pedal or Music MEMO iOs app. I completley agree with you guys .. Let’s do a group that push these feature in the new TT software development..

Steve McNamara
    Participant

@nickl23 said:
    Exactly. I have Trillian and the sounds are great but it doesn’t help me sound like a real bass player. I’m a guitarist and we just think differently. A setup almost identical to EZ Keys would be ideal 

You might already know this (but in case others don’t), if you’re using EZ Keys copy the midi file to a new instrument track for use with Trilian or other bass software, and just delete all the notes other than the bass ones you want. Yes, there’s a little bit of work involved, but at least you know the bass notes will match the keyboard part.

Hope that helps while we wait for EZ Bass.

Steve

Billy Procell
    Participant

Honestly, I was holding out for EZ Bass for a few years now. No other bass guitar software did what I wanted while sounding how I wanted it to. That changed when I bought some bass guitar plugins from Ample Sound. I use them dry track, and ReAmp. I doubt most people, including actual bassists, will be able to tell the difference between it, and real bass guitar, if it is programmed correctly. It has all the articulations you need, and the sound quality is unrivaled with what I have auditioned against it. They also have great acoustic guitars as well.
    So at this point unless Toontrack releases something truly stellar with EZBass, I don’t see a reason I would get it at this point. That is the downside to working on things in the quiet while customers have constantly asked about it, and that is if they are even working on such a thing. I say this as a person that owns (and uses) EZD1 & 2, EZKeys, EZMix2, and a plethora of expansions & midi packs.

David Gray
    Participant

I’m also using the plugin from Ample and agree that it’s brilliant. The sounds and articulations are fantastic and it includes a great library of midi grooves to get you started. Honestly I think Toontrack have missed the boat on this one -been following this thread for nearly five years and they still haven’t done it, so I don’t thinks EZBass is every going to happen. I’d also like to see some symphonic or classical midi packs for EZKeys, but it seems to me that Toontrack has a policy of deliberately NOT producing what their users ask for. We get what THEY feel like producing. Maybe I’m wrong, I do hope so. Next months big reveal… EZBass and Symphonic Metal midi pack!!! Lol

Billy Procell
    Participant

@Dragonlord said:
    I’m also using the plugin from Ample and agree that it’s brilliant. The sounds and articulations are fantastic and it includes a great library of midi grooves to get you started. Honestly I think Toontrack have missed the boat on this one -been following this thread for nearly five years and they still haven’t done it, so I don’t thinks EZBass is every going to happen. I’d also like to see some symphonic or classical midi packs for EZKeys, but it seems to me that Toontrack has a policy of deliberately NOT producing what their users ask for. We get what THEY feel like producing. Maybe I’m wrong, I do hope so. Next months big reveal… EZBass and Symphonic Metal midi pack!!! Lol  

Yea, I mean if they do come out with EZbass it will literally have to be better sounding, and/or better interface than Ample’s offerings. Not to mention support for several bass types for me to even think about getting it. Ample has Precision Finger + Pick, Jazz Finger + Pick, Metal (EB STingray), and Fodera (I haven’t tried this one yet). They even have an acoustic bass guitar.

A lot of the customers that were waiting for EZbass with absolutely no reply have moved on to investing in other companies that do offer the bass guitar stuff. Namely AmpleSound, Trillian, and Kontact. I too think they just missed the mark. I still love my Toontrack products, and I am curious every single time they release something new. But EZBass was a missed opportunity.

Of course perhaps they realize this, and decided to forego it all together. OR perhaps they thought that when they do release it… that it has to be amazing, and completely surpass the competitions offerings. That would be great, and I would definitely be interested. But after 5 years, with no word, I think they decided the former.

kbj69
    Participant

An EZBass would be a very killer app with the same tech and library pack similar to EZKeys TT please listen to your customers !!

i0i0i0
    Participant
    Per Burström
    Participant

As soo many others I really look forward for the EZbass.

https://www.toontrack.com/news/ezbass-set-for-launch-in-2020/

/Per

Leo K
    Participant

any updates how soon EZBass will be released?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.