Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZ Bass crashes out completely ever singe time.

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Olof

Can you open the standalone? If so, go to Settings > General and click “Reset Scale and Size”. Maybe that stops the crashing in the DAWs. Otherwise, do you have any crash log to share?

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

John Russell
    Participant

You are a STAR Olof…Its worked instantly…ive lost a whole day trying to sort this..Brilliant.

I was blaming the  DAW. StudioOne / StudioLive 32 S

Jono ( John Russell )

Sweden Rocks Buddy.

Thanked by: Scott
    Gary Walbrun
    Participant

I am using EZ Bass in ProTools 11.3. ProTools is usually pretty stable for me, but when using EZ Bass it frequently causes ProTools to crash and close the session.   Anyone else having this problem? What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Gary

John

Hi Gary,

do you get any kind of crash reports? Error messages?

Which OS are you on?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gary Walbrun
    Participant

The error message simply says “ProTools quit unexpectedly.” No other error message. I am on OS 10.10.5.

Thanked by: Juhani Toivio
    billygiii
    Participant

Remove the lot and re-install.

Fixes it.

Painfull but required.

Thanked by: Michael Mouse
    Michael Mouse
    Participant

Got Eighties Bass yesterday and installed it (and the available EZBass update). Now EZBass is constantly crashing Ableton Live 11. Have to Ctl+Alt+Del (Windows 10) to stop the .dmp files building up. Just now, it generated 64 .dmp files it a matter of seconds. I have the feeling that billygiii has the right idea.

I have made sure I have plenty of free space on my drive.

I have most of the bass libraries and I’ve not been having any trouble with EZBass until now.

I’ve uninstalled EZBass now and am re-downloading it before re-installing it.

I have to go out for a while but will keep an eye out here for any replies when I get back.

Update: I hope this works. Main app’ and 4 of 5 bass instruments installed so far.

Michael Mouse
    Participant

Same problem.

I’ve attached another example file.

Michael Mouse
    Participant

Re-downloaded and uninstalled Eighties Bass using the installer package.

Again, as soon as I hit play in Ableton Live, EZBass crashes continuously.

The problem is not with Eighties Bass then, since it’s not even installed at this point.

In stand-alone all my bass libraries work as expected.

I reinstall Eighties Bass to confirm it actually works OK in stand-alone mode too.

Both Eighties Bass products (Electric & Synth) work fine in stand-alone mode.

Conclusion: The up-to-date VST3 in Ableton Live (on Windows 10) seems to be the problem.

Michael Mouse
    Participant

Sorry about all the posts. 🙂

I wrote to Support and pointed them to this Thread but it’s still the weekend.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that I had plenty of Free Space on my hard drive. There was plenty on the drive where I store the samples but a big chunk of space had disappeared off my main C drive. I just noticed this today, so moved a good 9 GB of files off C onto a different storage drive.

Now EZBass seems  to be working in Ableton Live 11.

Olof

Hi Michael,

These crashes were caused by the bug listed under Known issues in EZbass 1.1.5 in the release notes section:

• Sending MIDI to the EZbass plug-in while its window is being opened for the first time in a session can cause a crash. This crash won’t happen if the project was saved with another tab than the Bass tab active and it also won’t happen if “Show played note information” is off in Settings.

Coder

Thanked by: Michael Mouse
    RhyDhun
    Participant

What are the plans to remediate this bug ? Should we expect an update soon ?

Ab Aberkrom
    Participant

Same story here. Tried all suggested above. Goes well for half an hour (sometimes) then starts crashing again. Really terrible. It before was a little buggy (had a few crashes), but I never had these troubles with the plugin before that frequently.  After the last updates it happens all the time. Rolling it back does not seem to fix it either. No clue what is going on, but I hope TT to fix these issues soon. I run studio one v5.

Olof

What are the plans to remediate this bug ? Should we expect an update soon ?

Yes, quite soon.

Coder

Olof

Same story here. Tried all suggested above. Goes well for half an hour (sometimes) then starts crashing again. Really terrible. It before was a little buggy (had a few crashes), but I never had these troubles with the plugin before that frequently.  After the last updates it happens all the time. Rolling it back does not seem to fix it either. No clue what is going on, but I hope TT to fix these issues soon. I run studio one v5.

If rolling back does not fix it, you must be having a different kind of crash. Please upload a crash log or dump file.

Coder

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.