editing drum sounds

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scott

In what way do you mean ‘edit sound’?

If you mean change the position of a single ‘hit’ in a MIDI file, that is best accomplished in your DAW. You can use the Edit Play Style function to make MIDI more or less ‘complex’, either as a whole or per kit piece.

If you mean alter the processing (eq, compression, etc) then you have limited control in the EZD 2 mixer page but you can multi out to your DAW for more processing of individual channels.

If you mean swap out a kit piece for another, then yes, there is a kit piece drop down menu to select a different kit piece.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

TheDukeman
    Participant

I bought the POP! EZX specifically for the claves sound, since it is the only place I could find one, not even in the Latin EZX. The problem is all 3 variants of the claves sound are terrible in my opinion. None have the classic claves sound like you find in Santana songs etc. We use claves for a lot of classic rock, such as this Troggs cover: http://youtu.be/Mc-krZxOKfc My question is will I have to record my own claves and convert to a midi file and import into EZDrummer, or am I stuck without a good claves sound? BTW I do like the drum kits that come with the POP! EZX, I just don’t like the included claves sound and don’t see claves anywhere else on the ToonTrack site. Does EZDrummer 2 come with a classic claves sound?

John

@TheDukeman said:
    Does EZDrummer 2 come with a classic claves sound?

No, there are no Claves included in the EZdrummer 2 core package.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

TheDukeman
    Participant

My question now is can I record my own claves and convert to a midi file and import into EZDrummer, or am I stuck without a classic claves sound that I like?

Scott

No, you can’t import your own samples into EZdrummer.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

TheDukeman
    Participant

It is such a basic sound. I would go so far as to say a full fledged drum program is incomplete without it. Is there a “latin style” claves sound available for Superior Drummer? The claves in the POP! EZX module sound like a wooden box, not any claves I’ve ever heard. I would hate to feel I’ve wasted all my resources investing in your programs. How can I possibly upgrade from EZDrummer 2.0.1 with a basic piece missing in the upgrade path?

Scott

The only ‘Claves’ available in the Toontrack world are the Claves in the Pop! EZX library.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

lionching
    Participant

why i hit kick drum but the sound coming out is crash ?

Scott

why i hit kick drum but the sound coming out is crash ?

Can you please give more specific details?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Woodyx
    Participant

Does EZ D2 allow me to change drum/ trigger sounds… for example,  can I change the hi-hat trigger input (I’m drumming with a Yamaha DTXpress IV with a MIDI interface into a PreSonus Studio 24c to a MACBook with  GarageBand 10.4.2)) so it gives me a cowbell sound ?

Thanks in advance fort your help.

Ian

Scott

Does EZ D2 allow me to change drum/ trigger sounds… for example,  can I change the hi-hat trigger input (I’m drumming with a Yamaha DTXpress IV with a MIDI interface into a PreSonus Studio 24c to a MACBook with  GarageBand 10.4.2)) so it gives me a cowbell sound ?

Thanks in advance fort your help.

Ian

Any remapping would need to be done in the Yamaha. You can’t remap in EZD2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Woodyx
    Participant

Hello Scott,

I now have a new eDrum kit (Alesis Strike Pro SE) and I see in EZDryummer 2 that it lists Alesis but not my model. When I connect the drum kit to my DAW/EZDrummer (USB Midid interface) I get the hi- tom sound when I hit one of the crash cymbals… does EZDrummer allow me to “re=map” so it’s correct ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

Scott

Hello Scott,

I now have a new eDrum kit (Alesis Strike Pro SE) and I see in EZDryummer 2 that it lists Alesis but not my model. When I connect the drum kit to my DAW/EZDrummer (USB Midid interface) I get the hi- tom sound when I hit one of the crash cymbals… does EZDrummer allow me to “re=map” so it’s correct ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ian

No it does not. You’ll need to edit the mapping in your Alesis.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.