Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

E Kit.Roland ?

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Damian Blunt

The TD-3, which is now discontinued, is an excellent value kit especially if you pick up a good 2nd hand deal. You miss out on the more esoteric features such as positional sensing and 3 way triggering on the ride that the top models offer and of course you don’t get all mesh heads but if you can live with out these I’d go for it. It was the kit I owned before my TD-12 and it was only GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that made me get rid of it.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

Juicy
    Participant

Thanks Man,Nice to hear its good ,though the positional sensing and 3 way triggering is unfortunate.
    I guess i would edit extras in the studio anyhow but if playing live your stuck with it.
    Can i ask is that the brain that is limiting it or is the pads or both ?

Rogue

the brain is although the pads are of course matched to the features available so just upgrading your module at a later point would not necessarily give you access to the more advanced features without pad upgrades.

A fairly good set up (IMO) is a TD-3+TMC-6 to expand your triggers and 3-way cymbals possibility. You’d still give up on positional sensing but only you can tell if it is an important factor. Stepping up from there would definitely be under a completely different budget.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Juicy
    Participant

Thanks Lads- What about the dreaded HD Lite V drums?

I know they lack positional sensing,one zone,any other pointers ,sure look easy to move around.
    Having a new studio and kids at they same time seriously impairs the budget unfortunately.

JetAirliner
    Participant

The HD kit -IS- useable for programming, once you get used to it’s quirks. But i wouldn’t want to use it as a live kit.
    The kick pedal doesn’t really feel like a kick drum pedal, same goes for the hihat pedal. The pads are (or the brain) also quite insensitive to velocity dynamics, or maybe it’s just my lack of drum skills.
    But it sure beats hitting piano keys.

If you’re prepared to spend a few seconds of midi tweaking (like getting rid of double kick triggers and moving cymbal notes) after each take, the HD kit is definitely useful.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.