E-Drum Volume/Velocity Issue

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Daniel Garcia
    Participant

I have the same problem, in Superior 2.0 the sounds are very clear and deep sounding but on my kit it sounds weak and thin. I’m running Toontracks thru Roland TD-20. I hope someone can answer the question.

Rogue

what you hear when clicking drums in the interface are ‘full velocity’ samples. What you hear when you hit your drum triggers on your kit are related to the velocity of the MIDI sent by your module. Whether that difference is abnormal depends. Calibrating the sensitivity of your triggers inside your drum module may be necessary.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rex Strother
    Participant

I had wondered about this myself. I wondered if the volume on my TD-4KX2 brain would affect the outgoing MIDI.

I know sensitivity will increase the MIDI velocity some – but does increasing the volume in the TD-4 brain’s “mixer” affect an overall outgoing MIDI velocity?

Win-7 64-bit Home Edition, i7-920 quad-core 2.66 GHz, 6 GB DDR3 Pro Tools 10.2, MBox Pro (3rd Gen), M-Audio Oxygen 25 Superior Drummer 2.3, Garritan IO, Massey Plug-ins

Rogue

the answer is almost sure to be no.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Martin Karp
    Participant

I’m having the same problem and when I blast the superior volume it still isn’t loud enough. Then I turn up the volume on the individual instruments then they are loud but sound like crap =/

Timothy Brannigan
    Participant

I’m having the same problem and it’s been driving me crazy for months. Could it have to do with using a midi to usb adaptor into a usb hub? Right now I’m using a Roland TD-10 kit to trigger Superior 3. I’ve adjusted the trigger velocity in the sound module which only helps a little bit. It also ruins the dynamics which makes using e-drums inferior to programming with a keyboard. Please help!

Jorg
    Participant

I’m having the same problem and it’s been driving me crazy for months. Could it have to do with using a midi to usb adaptor into a usb hub? Right now I’m using a Roland TD-10 kit to trigger Superior 3. I’ve adjusted the trigger velocity in the sound module which only helps a little bit. It also ruins the dynamics which makes using e-drums inferior to programming with a keyboard. Please help!

you need a proper USB audio interface, there’s no way around that…

Timothy Brannigan
    Participant

I bought a new MIDI interface, trying to remedy the velocity issues. It didn’t change anything. I’ve had this issue ever since the first time I tried triggering SD3 with edrums. That’s a long time ago. I’ve even tried 3 different sound modules. I tweaked the hell out of all of these modules with no difference. I see lots of people complaining here about the same thing, but I find zero answers.

Timothy Brannigan
    Participant

Lots of people are complaining, so why no answer? My Roland TD-50 kit triggering SD3 produces dreadfully low velocity data upon monitoring and recording. The entire reason I bought expensive edrums and SD3 is to get work done. It’s been like a year and I haven’t been able to get any “live” drum work done because the system will not work.

I bought a new MIDI interface, trying to remedy the velocity issues. It didn’t change anything. I’ve even tried 3 different sound modules. I tweaked the hell out of all of these modules with no difference. I’ve played endlessly with velocity curves in the software and hardware. Nothing works.

I’ve had this issue ever since the first time I tried triggering SD3 with edrums. That’s a long time ago, when 3 was released. I see lots of people complaining here about the same thing, but I find zero answers. Toontrak PLEASE HELP!

Jorg
    Participant

Lots of people are complaining, so why no answer? My Roland TD-50 kit triggering SD3 produces dreadfully low velocity data upon monitoring and recording. The entire reason I bought expensive edrums and SD3 is to get work done. It’s been like a year and I haven’t been able to get any “live” drum work done because the system will not work.

I bought a new MIDI interface, trying to remedy the velocity issues. It didn’t change anything. I’ve even tried 3 different sound modules. I tweaked the hell out of all of these modules with no difference. I’ve played endlessly with velocity curves in the software and hardware. Nothing works.

I’ve had this issue ever since the first time I tried triggering SD3 with edrums. That’s a long time ago, when 3 was released. I see lots of people complaining here about the same thing, but I find zero answers. Toontrak PLEASE HELP!

And yet the answer lies hidden in the “USB Audio in” gain setting….

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.