Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Drumtracker

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott

Drumtracker is designed to work on multi tracked drums, kit pieces on separate tracks. That’s not to say that it is impossible to do, it’s just not as automatic with a stereo drum track as multi tracked drums. You would need to create multiple instruments in Drumtracker and manually add the hit detections for each (kick, snare, tom, etc.). This is due to Drumtracker not being able to differentiate between a ‘kick’ hit and a ‘snare’ hit on a stereo track. There are too many crossover frequencies for reliable auto detection. 

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mark Williams
    Participant

I agree with Scott for sure:
    you might be able to do this, but you’d be in for a long couple days.

What you *could* do, and probably fairly effectively, depending on the style of music and how the drums were played (i.e., how busy the drums parts are) is use Drumtracker to supplement your already recorded sound. You could use the one OH mic to grab your snare hits and use the one low mic to grab your kicks. Then trigger Superior with the resulting MIDI for each, and you might be able to get a pretty realistic and believable drum track. You could certainly get some room sound happening. If the parts aren’t too busy, you could draw in crashes (maybe even toms) in your DAW, but that depending on your original micing, that might not work. The biggest problem, though, is going to be the hats. Dealing with hats in this manner would steal the life out of you, my friend.

But I’ve done the above method several times when the only drums tracks were two OH mics and a kick drum mic. So it can be done. In the cases I ran into, I had enough hat from the original OH mics to get by. It was a compromise, but it worked. The client was very, very happy. The snare and the kick were cool, and made the kit sound much bigger.

MBP 2.4 GHz | 4GB RAM | OSX 10.6.8 Logic Pro 9.1.5 | Metric Halo LIO-8/4P | Apogee ONE SD 2.3.0 | EZP 1.1.0 | Drumtracker 1.0.2

Anonymous
    Inactive

I totally agree with your thoughts and respect it. However it feels like it need to be thought about once more

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.