Drumtracker Question

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott

The way the it works is this:

Run your separate drum track .wav files (kick, snare, tom 1, tom 2, etc.) into DT and have it detect the hits (auto and/or manually adjustments). You can then render each detected DT part as MIDI files (type 0 or type 1). You then import the resulting MIDI into your host and load S2 and assign the MIDI to S2.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Nathan
    Participant

Thanks Scott, but I’m comfortable with the workflow, what I’m actually asking is if there is a way of listening to more than one instrument (drum) from within Drumtracker.

The manual gives the impression that Superior Drummer (or similar) can be linked via MIDI to DT to preview drum sounds from detected triggers.

There are facilities in DT to adjust timing and velocity of individual hits, but there seems to not be a way of listening to (say) the Kick and the Snare to check the effect of any timing/velocity changes. DT seems to let you preview the triggered sound of only one track at a time using it’s internal preview sounds, I’m asking if this is the case with previewing sounds thru MIDI into say Superior Drummer2. Remember, if using multiple wav files the drums are on their own source tracks.

It seems to be a bit of an omission if this is the case, as it would mean having to export the MIDI and head into the DAW to perform any further meaningful MIDI note tweaking -surely you can’t adjust the kick or the snare timing without listening to the other.

Not the end of the world, but it seems strange not to have this functionality on software specifically designed for working with multitrack drum files :0/

I hope this clarifies the question.

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

John

Hi,

though it is possible to set up Drumtracker to preview sounds in e.g. Superior 2 via MIDI, you can not set it up to play back several trigger files at once.
    When replacing drums, I’m not sure I would need to, since the performance is already there, I just want to be able to get correct replacement hits for it.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Nathan
    Participant

Thanks for your reply John. It’s a pity there isn’t that facility, but it can be done quite easily in the DAW after MIDI creation, so no huge issue. Is there a feature request “wishlist” or similar to put forward these suggestions please?

…and back in the real world the drum performance is there in theory. All too often some of it is provided by the engineer

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

John

Though I am pretty certain this feature has been requested earlier, please make a Drumtracker feature request post in the ‘Requests & Feedback’ section.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.