Drum kit, brushes

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • toondem
    Participant

Think I found an answer, and it appears to be “yes’. Just wanted to mention this for anyone else finding this post.
    I found another post with info on this:
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=106847

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

No, not really. We don’t really do any ‘self-playing’ stuff at all. I.e. holding a key will not play a swirl loop forever. Our approach to ‘loops’ is MIDI loops. You can have a MIDI loop playing forever, of course, but that is probably not what you are after. Well, you could possibly have a MIDI loop swirling around forever and then train your sequencer to gate the volume as you press a key or turn a knob. Still hardly useful in practice.

Also, our best support for brush swirls sit in the Roots Brushes SDX for Superior2.

/Olof W

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

ozanerk78
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using Roots Brushes SDX in my project. I had been using Addictive Drums Jazz Brush kit before. It had very realistic long brush sweeps (swirls) in its midi collection. I could not encounter similar loops in Toontracks midis. when I try to convert AD midi loops to SD2 it does not sound good for brush swirls? Is there any written (or well played) Brush sweep midi loop for Roots Brushes SDX in order to be an example of writing?

Scott

Are you referring to the Roots MIDI? IIRC, there are brush swirl MIDI included in the Roots MIDI that can be downloaded from your Toontrack account under your Roots product page.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ozanerk78
    Participant

Hi,
    I have Roots MIDI Pack already. It has various brush swirl loops in it. Very good and realistic sounding. But all of them use just “short drag” sample which is a fast and short sweep movement. I try to have longer sweeps as in a jazz ballad. Corresponding sample should be Fwrd and Bwrd Swirls in Roots kit MIDI map. However, when I write successive 4th notes for a slow tempo song with Fwd and Bwd Swirl samples, it sounds very cheesy and unnatural. What is wrong here? How could I achieve that smooth sweeping sound? How should I write them or is there any pre written nice loop as in Roots MIDI Pack using those long samples?
    Thank you

ozanerk78
    Participant

Scott, do you have any suggestion about what I wrote as a tech from Toontrack?
    Best Regards

Scott

I don’t really have any suggestions. I rarely use the brush swirls in my productions. In fact, I can only recall ever using them once in a song:

http://www.rainbowsounds.com/Toontrack/Debut.MP3

It was programmed using the Jazz EZX and not the Roots SDX. I found a swirl brush pattern in the EZD browser and dragged it to my DAW. I removed everything but the swirls and then used my Zendrum to play the kick/snare taps and cymbals live.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.