drop midi into host?

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sean Thompson
    Participant

Just to be a little more clear, I saw that there is an export MIDI function, but what I am hoping to do is drag blocks from the timeline straight into a Midi track on a DAW.

John

I saw that there is an export MIDI function, but what I am hoping to do is drag blocks from the timeline straight into a Midi track on a DAW.

Yes, this is not only possible but an intended possible workflow.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Sean Thompson
    Participant

Sold! Thanks John

Kathrin41
    Participant

For example a line of flute music would it be able to find chords that sounded good with that? I’m curios about both midi and audio.

pass4sure.biz http://www.pass4sure.biz
    Pass4sure pmi pmp certification http://www.pass4sure.com/Project-Management-Professional.html

John

@Kathrin41:
    How do you mean? Are you asking if EZkeys can analyze audio to derive a chord sequence?
    If so, the answer is: No. EZkeys can analyze MIDI; either patterns on your hard drive or what you play on your keyboard and feed into it.
    You can build sequences from existing patterns, record new, “steal” performances from other patterns and apply to your chord sequence, change chords and inversion, etc.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Nathan
    Participant

You can use other software to turn audio into MIDI, but the results will depend upon how much time and how good the tools are you have/ can afford. I guess if it’s just for note/chord recognition and part generation, then you don’t have to go too far on it.

I’ve just recorded myself whistling (very badly) into REAPER and plonked an instance of its included ReaTune plugin on the track. I told it to output MIDI on pitch change and saved the MIDI to a second track. Played back through a soft synth it sounds remarkably as bad as me

Now I know it’s only monophonic (but so is a flute), and it doesn’t interpret volume to MIDI velocity, but this is from shareware tools that don’t cost anything to download and a time spent of less than five minutes. I think you’d need Melodyne for polyphonic sounds (chords) and I think it will try and interpret the levels, but it would owe you £300-400 if you didn’t have (access to) it already.

-Just an idea…

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.