Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Dream Pop EZX Chokes System

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi,

the Dream Pop EZX is indeed much more CPU demanding than other EZX:s.
    Which plugin version is displayed in the EZdrummer 2 interface?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

anthony cruz
    Participant

Hi John, thanks for the quick reply.

Plugin version is Bitcrush with kik/snare set to Gretsch Muted Kik/Neat Snare.
    But regardless of which version within Dream Pop I select, my DAW’s processing meter creeps up till choking point.
    All my Toontrack products are up-to-date and the choking occurs with no OS process hogs running in the background.

John

OK,

with plugin version I mean the number in the lower right corner of the EZdrummer 2 interface.
    How big is your Buffer Size in Cubase?
    I am not that familiar with Cubase 9.5 but I know that CPU spikes can be avoided in general in some hosts by selecting an Audio Track instead of a VI track when running the timeline. It has got to do with something like extra buffering to be able to play the VI in real-time along with whats recorded.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

anthony cruz
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion, for all these years, I never noticed the version # lower right! Version 2.1.6 (64-bit).
    I tried selecting an audio track when running the timeline. Unfortunately, didn’t make a difference.
    It chokes with buffer size set at 512. If I increase to 1024 or 2048, the choking stops but can’t be played in real-time due to latency issues. (My audio interface is a UA Apollo Twin). I own quite a few EZX’s and experience this only with Dream Pop. I’ll keep trying different things.

Thanks

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Some of the Dream Pop presets put a heavy load on the CPU but your hardware should have no problem dealing with it. Dream Pop should not eat up more than half of one of your CPU cores. So, you need to figure out why your computer doesn’t deliver the performance it is supposed to. The most common culprit is the power savings system. Turn it off if it is active.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.