Download sdx again?

Product Manager
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Olof

@martin said:

Bought The Metal Foundry from sweetwater and just installed the dvd disc, took about 40 mins. I registered the the seriel in PM and it showed up in my list of owned products. So far so good…..but it is forcing me to download again from within PM?? Now it says 6 hrs to download???? Doesnt it see i already installed the product? Do i need to install or will it just show up in my sessions?(edit: doesnt show up…just checked) . This is a bit confusing?

Thanks for any help!

PM should detect that it is installed already. Does it say anything special in Details – Installation Info?
    Do you see Metal Foundry in Superior Drummer? If not, maybe you need to set the path to the library in Superior’s settings.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

martin
    Participant

i ended up downloading it again. had to wait 6 hrs for the huge download! I have read that superior drummer and sdxs can only be downloaded from within the pm now but they are lacking on explaining how to install the dvds with sdxs on them since it takes you through the normal process of installing from the disc. the path seemed correct? i couldn’t see the new sdx within protools. im actually going to check now but i see from within the pm its downloaded now and properly installed. wish there was a better way to install from the dvds and not have to download these huge programs?….and if there is a way, it needs to be explained better!Yell

thanks for your reply though!

John

Hi,

there’s no prerequisite to download the SDX:s via PM to be able to install them. There is no other way to download them but if you have the discs, you do not need to download them.
    If the SDX doesn’t show up in the Library expansion drop-down at the top of the interface, you need to add the path to it on the Settings page in Superior 2.
    This is explained in the Superior 2 manual, Chapter 9.3 ‘Sound Paths’, p.55.
    After you’ve done this, it will be in the expansion drop-down list and be listed as installed in the PM.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.