Dont know if i should buy a cheap set and use ezdrummer.

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Sylus5
    Participant

So im looking at roland 17kvx $1600 or the roland 25kv $2500. they have the same amount of toms and cymbals. and if i just plan on using ezdrummer is there any point in going with the more expensive 25kv. what are the perks in spending that extra thousand if i dont plan on using the built in drum module https://showbox.tools/ https://trackeasy.fun/usps/.

I got this solved,…

mprinz
    Participant

I saw your post and had to answer:

Now, it’s may be usefull for the following readers:

For me it was the best thing I ever did: Buy a cheap Thomann Millenium MPS-850 and use a VST – namley EZDrummer2!
    That’s sounds so damn good!!! Better than any no-pro drummers acoustic drum set can sound in a stinky rehearsal room.
    You know what I mean. Some pro drummers may hear there set sounding like this in a studio through mics with the right
    technician. With a VST instrument the price and brand of the edrum set doesn’t matter. There are the same 1$ piezos.
    For me the expensive Roland modules don’t sound as good as EZDrummer2 does! The build quality is a factor of course.
    The cymbals look and feel. HiHat controller maybe. But the MPS-850 Millenium controller does a great job.
    I now use a DIY hall effect sensor as HiHat controller, just to, you know: “The journey is the destination”.

To be honest, I also use Plogue Bidule to do the remapping of the notes and pimped the kit with the great Audiofront eDrumIn4 modules
    (150$, only trigger to MIDI interface), but using cheap pads. I bought another cheap Millenium/XDrum/Alesis 10″ tom pad, an ATV 13″ snare pad and several cymbal pads (Millenium and Roland CY-5). But anyway, even if your are not gear adicted, the Millenium MPS-850 is quite usable.

Greetings!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.