does vegas 7 support ez drummer?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dave Modisette
    Participant

Sony has a forum.  Maybe join that one and ask how it’s working?

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

krmkse
    Participant

yeah your right sony does have a forum…and they only talk about acid. nothing that mentions whether or not vegas works….maybe another suggestion?

Dave Modisette
    Participant

Bummer.  I thought for sure you’d find your answer there.  If it was me, I’d find a host with an active user base.  Heck, buy a Cakewalk SONAR product.  They have a very active forum.  Most users on their forum seem to enjoy talking about the product more than using it. 

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

Rogue

Vegas is a video centric product, not a dedicated Audio sequencer. In other words Acid and Vegas are like hammer and screwdriver… you would not use one in place of the other 😉

… so I doubt it has VSTi support, but you would need to research it for a definite answer. Regardless, it is not a supported application (meaning it is not tested with) so using Toontrack software with it would be far from recommended, even if it worked on paper.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Rogue

case in point:
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/audioproduction

no mention of VST instruments, only FX in the mixer. I would not expect it to, given the scope of the program however, but I thought I’d check and post, to save you pursuing an avenue that is unlikely to be worth the hassle.

Configuration Manager

Kip Count
    Participant

As a occasional user of Sony Vegas, I can tell you that it does NOT support VSTs. 

Mac Mini M1 | Studio One 6 | PreSonus 68c | EZD3

Gipper
    Participant

I actually had the exact same question. So to clarify, having “VST Plug-in effect support” does not equal support for VST instruments such as Superior Drummer?

From the Sony Vegas feature list >

VST Plug-In Effect Support
    You can use effects to manipulate the audio components of your project. The included audio plug-ins can improve the quality of the audio in your project or create unique sounds. Vegas software supports additional DirectX and VST effects from a variety of vendors. Audio effects can be applied to all events on a track, to busses, or as assignable effects.

Rogue

ORIGINAL: Gipper
    I actually had the exact same question. So to clarify, having “VST Plug-in effect support” does not equal support for VST instruments such as Superior Drummer?

correct, effects and instruments are totally distinct things.

Configuration Manager

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.