Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“Dirt” EZX, please!

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Robert Osborne
    Participant

i second this.. give the punk rockers some love too

Mac Mini Yosemite 10.10 2.3 GHz Inter Core i7 16gb GB 1 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - Digimax D8- - Cubase 7 - Superior Drummer 2.4

Jay Coover
    Participant

Curious…rock and punk intersect so much especially at the drum level.

What artists would you want to get drums sounds similar to? Seems like between Americana and The Classic (your sig) you should be able to coax some punk. Just because a punk drummer wasn’t sitting behind the kit when it was recorded doesn’t mean there isn’t a full velocity smack of every piece in there.

Beats are usually a little simpler, more uptempo typically. Fills are usually very straight forward. Depends on who you’re talking about.

Would a Punk MIDI pack be adequate or do you need the whole deal?

I would also like some more simple rock beats. I love the stuff on the base EZPlayer install for the most part, but I’d love to have more variations, more interprations, different drummers performaing that basic boom-chick thing and a few simple deviations. For instance, not sure where I’d find your basic 16th note machine gun snare fill in my MIDI collection. That’s kind of wrong.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: fizbin
    Seems like between Americana and The Classic (your sig) you should be able to coax some punk. Just because a punk drummer wasn’t sitting behind the kit when it was recorded doesn’t mean there isn’t a full velocity smack of every piece in there.

Hey?

Jay Coover
    Participant

Thanks Chris. I stand corrected.

Make us a Punk MIDI pack damnit. Don’t get fancy either.

Oh, and I want 4, 8, even 16 bar phrases. 2 bar phrases end up a little one dimensional compared to a longer loop.

AND, I want it now.

Got it?

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

Juicy
    Participant

Dont say your a hard hitter we have your midi and there are no hits at 127 on all your Classic Midi,not knocking that either,as the sweet spot does not need be the loudest spot.
    I do like it when drummers lead a band and stay on top of the groove from a dynamics/timing POV instead of sort of dragging .That to me is what your kinda doing here
    The sheer marketing driven nature of new TT EZ line ups would call out for a “Name” Punk guy/band player to do a specific Midi on this style for the sell of it .We all know you could do it too.Perhaps better !

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: juicy
    Dont say your a hard hitter we have your midi and there are no hits at 127 on all your Classic Midi

And so you are getting silence on velocity 127 for The Classic? W.T.F.?

(you’re joking)

Juicy
    Participant

No,WRONG LOL
    check his midi in your Midi Editor.
    Not saying there are no Hits in the Sample Pool at 127 ,the Midi !!! Wally
    W.T.F !! back at ya.

Jay Coover
    Participant

Ah, the velocity knob in Superior goes to 11 though.

Juicy
    Participant

To think i was trying to support your point in the first place WOW
    you’re a joker
    Read more carefully before you write.

Jay Coover
    Participant

Sorry, getting lost here. I’ll try and not create an argument where none was intended if you’ll do the same. Peace.

Did I pick a poor smiley?

Whitten
    Participant

But the velocity in numeric form has no connection to the velocity that the drum was hit when sampled.
    My 120 could be twice as loud as Futureman’s 120 on the actual session.
    I purposely played the midi under 127 because 127 doesn’t sound good for all groove hits, it should be reserved for the song climaxes, the big fill etc…..

Anyway, I was jesting. I would love to do a punk EZX, and I appreciate you guys would like to see a punk/edgey EZX from some younger than me, well known drummer from that genre. If I could make it so, I would.

Juicy
    Participant

O.k Chris …..I understand but….
    I thought most your arduous or hard work when sampling went into meticulous velocities being captured over and over all the way up all named and cataloged i assume,sure there would be the odd variation creep in as your human,that nuance of quality control lies in collected hands,firstly the Player then Engineer listening and also watching .
    Next then the work of reproducing all that mass within the engines sample pool,as such 127 is our full velocity smack so whatever happened in the recording is all well but on this end the midi of 127 is the loudest hit,its all we have to work towards.
    Some like you do take care to tastefully leave it in reserve and lordy i do respect you for that.I hope you hear me.

My turn sticking my neck out here so…
    After checking,even your big fills never get to 127 in Classic not that its negative at all but if it is rightly reserved for climaxes why are they not really there somewhere ??.
    I program my own but some peeps can’t .

Shame about Levon what grooves he gave us.

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten
    Anyway, I was jesting. I would love to do a punk EZX, and I appreciate you guys would like to see a punk/edgey EZX from some younger than me, well known drummer from that genre. If I could make it so, I would.

Do it! Don’t care what your age is.

You’d think that of all the things that TT releases, the drum MIDI packs would have to be the least labor-intensive for them…not necessarily for you. I mean, you’ve certainly got a MIDI kit set up at home right?

Make it so!

Jay Coover
    Participant

My turn sticking my neck out here so…
    After checking,even your big fills never get to 127 in Classic not that its negative at all but if it is rightly reserved for climaxes why are they not really there somewhere ??.

I’m actually OK with this. That’s what the volume knob in Superior is for. If the MIDI drummer plays at 127 you’ve got flat dynamics. If you leave a little room you can have dynamics, plus the ability to max out the velocities with the volume knob if you so wish.

Now that doesn’t mean play like a wimp. For this punk library that Chris has promised us he will have to channel some attitude. It won’t be like playing with Sir Paul.

…which reminds me, back to the concept of very simple rock beats. We have a lot of fairly complex stuff in the MIDI packs with a lot of finesse, but for the majority of pop songwriters out there, the really simple stuff with pure feel is the bread and butter. I feel that Ringo is under-represented, other than the base EZDrummer library. Even that MIDI library includes many kick patterns that I feel I would never find a place for and their inclusions comes at the expense of ignoring variations on the more basic stuff. Think different 8th note hi-hat variations, more than switching up the kick or playing 1/4 note hi-hats. Who uses 1/4 note hi-hats on a rock beat? That’s just wrong.

There are probably less than 10 kick patterns that are completely bread and butter rock and roll. There are infinite variations on the feel of the stuff that happens over the top of those.

Juicy
    Participant

ORIGINAL: fizbin

Think different 8th note hi-hat variations, more than switching up the kick or playing 1/4 note hi-hats. Who uses 1/4 note hi-hats on a rock beat? That’s just wrong.

Wrong Wrong
    It does limit other things you would play but its a primary colour.Especially 80’s Rock and Motown, it’s playin Big and not for the faint hearted.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.