Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

[DESIGN] PVC Shell (by Jesaipa)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bgibson72
    Participant

Very cool–leave them longer for the octoban look!!  Does PVC tubing come in 8″, 10″, 12″ and 14″ diameters?

tazinnuedo
    Participant

8″=20,32 cm
    10″=25,4 cm
    12″= 30,48 cm
    14″= 35,56 cm

pvc pipes have standard diameter… so if if you find a piece of pvc pipe which is smaller than drum shell diameter, it’s good!!

for example: pvc pipe 250mm good to build a 10″ chell      pvc pipe 200mm good to build a 8″ shell…
                      pvc pipe 315mm  impossible to build a 12″ shell…   you have to reduce the diameter…  difficult to do…
    i have not found upper size for pvc pipe…
    and you should have to find them yourself because these pipes are very expensive (250,315) just for one or two shells

if i remember (but not sure), Jesaipa (guy who has done this design) had tried to reduce pvc pipe diameter… by cutting the pvc pipe in diagonal…then he slided it, and glued it…     when it’s dry, you have to cut one more time in the shell …so you have to begin with an deeper shell than you finally want

kimouette
    Participant

Anyone knows an international seller that would sell enough rims and lugs to build a complete DIY drum set just like this one … At the lowest possible price!!

Thanks!!

Kim

gastric
    Participant

Depending on the price of rims and lugs it’d possibly just be cheaper to buy 10″ and 12″ toms and cut them in half to double the yield. Most come with lugs and hoops on both sides so one tom could yield 2 drums. I’d be curious to know the total cost of buying PVC, hoops, and lugs to create 6 full drums which is how many you’d need for a 5 piece kit. Then note you’d still have to buy/build a rack, mounting hardware, cymbals, stands, yadda yadda.

Not knocking the PVC drums. Just asking for some total cost estimates for comparison to buying a used kit or toms and cutting them.

Christopher Graham

tazinnuedo
    Participant

i think some design are not destinate to build a full kit… but can give some ideas…
    a pvc pipe is not cheap… so you have to find it…
    for lugs it’s the same…

some can find new 10 and 12 toms for 35 or 40 euros at thomann’s store… ok you’re kit will be cheaper… than a pvc pipe drum with lugs and hoops bought separatly…  but where is the DIY spirit!!!!!???

DrStoooopid
    Participant

I just priced out some 10″ PVC, it’s $15.79 a foot and sold in 10′ joints. So you’re lookin’ at having to build a lot of drums to make it worth one’s while.

But let’s assume you have 3 friends, or a few people want to go in together and build a few kits. It’s not incredibly cost prohibitive.

It ships from Lima, Ohio and shipped via drop freight. 1390 Neubrecht Rd, Lima Ohio, 45801-3196 Phone:1-800-809-4217

So you’re lookin’ at 20 toms/snares out of a 10′ joint + cost of hardware. Assuming 3 toms+1 snare, you’re lookin’ at 5 kits per joint or 4 kits per joint if you make one of them into a bass trigger.

DrStoooopid
    Participant

Necropost FTW hehe

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.