DAW Compatability Questions, etc.

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott

Are you going to be using an e-kit or using the pencil/drumstick tool to create your drum parts? If you are just using the pencil tool in Cubase, then EZdrummer should be fine for you. If you are using an e-kit I would recommend S2 as it is much more suited for e-drums.

The only limitation with Cubase 4LE that I can think of, in regards to its use with EZD, is that it is limited to loading VSTi as Instrument Tracks. Instrument Tracks allow 1 stereo output only so you can’t route all 8 stereo outputs in EZD to their own tracks in the Cubase Mixer. This may or may not be a problem for you.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

tjalsma
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly what I do.  So, it works the same as BFD in that way?  Except hopefully it actually works?  After I pick to add an Instrument Track, I just double click in the box and it will open the Sequencer?

I just want to make sure.  Thank you very much!

Scott

After I pick to add an Instrument Track, I just double click in the box and it will open the Sequencer?

Opening the MIDI editor will depend on a few things.

[*]Click a MIDI track with no parts selected and select Open Drum Editor from the MIDI menu.[*]Double-click a part to open it in the default editor. Which editor opens depends on the settings in the Preferences (Event Display–MIDI page)[*]Double-clicking will open the editor selected on the Default Edit Action pop-up menu. However, if the option ‘Edit as Drums when Drum Map’ is assigned is activated and a drum map is selected for the edited track, the Drum Editor will open.

If you’re just beginning to create your drum track, the first method would be preferred. As you go and want to edit stuff, personally, I use the 3rd method [load the EZD drum map and check the ‘Edit as Drums when Drum Map’ in the Preferences (Event Display–MIDI page)]. It makes it quick to switch between the drum editor without having to think too much.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.