D20 – The Game of Life (Axe-Fx, S2.0, Redwirez)

User demos
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • notstewart
    Participant

I really enjoyed that!
    That Axe FX seems to be the cat’s meow.
    The whole recording sounds great to me.

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

Coryd
    Participant

Thanks for the comment!!!
    Yeah the Axe Fx is an incredible tool! I get exactly the sounds i want with it.

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Scott
    Participant

Yes, indeed.
    I can definitely get into it.
    It has that mid-scooped type of sound goin’ on with the mix – and it works well.
    Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

Coryd
    Participant

No problem Scott! 

I just started tracking my first solo album and this is probably going to be one of the songs on it.
    I’m super excited with the drum tones i have been getting!

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

theboyfromsarasota
    Participant

That sounds totally killer in every aspect. How did we ever live without our axe fx’s? Did you actually manually double the rhy guitars or just copy and offset a single track? Whatever you did, I would keep on doing it.

Chuck

EZ Drums & Superior 2.0 - EZBass - Fractal Audio - Too Many Guitars

Coryd
    Participant

Many thanks for the compliments Chuck!!!
    Yeah i don’t know what i would do without my Axe Fx and my Superior Drummer 2.0!!!!!
    For this track i did two guitar takes. One was with a Recto sim and then i tracked the other with a 5150 sim.

-Cory

EmphaticLance
    Participant

That sounds wonderful!

Can you give more details on the drums? Any special plugins or mixer settings??

theboyfromsarasota
    Participant

Perfect amount of gain for the riff. For the tremolo effect…is that Axe or an automated pan in your DAW…has to be from the Axe right?

Chuck

Coryd
    Participant

That sounds wonderful!

Can you give more details on the drums? Any special plugins or mixer settings??

Many thanks!!!!
    The drums were all Avatar. Piccolo snare and clear toms. I did all of the processing within Cubase actually after i bounced down the drums.

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: theboyfromsarasota

Perfect amount of gain for the riff. For the tremolo effect…is that Axe or an automated pan in your DAW…has to be from the Axe right?

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

The tremolo effect is actually the tremolo plugin that comes with Cubase 🙂

theboyfromsarasota
    Participant

Damn…that tremelo sounds great. Is there a similar effect in logic that you know of? I have not been able to find one.

Chuck

Coryd
    Participant

I’m not too familiar with Logic, but i’m sure there is probably something you could get it with.

Does Logic have a Tremolo plugin? If so, i’m sure you could probably get the same sound. 🙂

Peter McCarthy
    Participant

Cory,…very cool man,….thanks for sharing.

Best-

Peter

Scott
    Participant

I just gave the tune another listen – still rawks!
    So you bounced all the drums, and then processed them in Cubase?
    Did you use any of the effects within S2 – or did you bounce them kind of “as-is”
    Whatever the case – they sound really good – even on these little speakers I have on my secondary computer
    Take care

Scott

-Mac Studio (2023)–  Apple M2 Max
    -macOS Ventura Version 13.6
    -Logic Pro 10.7.9 
    -64 GB Ram 
    -Universal Audio Apollo 8 (UAD2 DUO) – max sample rate supported: 192
    -typical buffer /  typical sample rate:  128 / 44.1
    -External drives:
    *SanDisk  2TB USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C Portable SSD  
    *Glyph 3TB HD w/  USB-C/3.0/2.0 Compatibility
    *OWC 2TB Aura P12 Pro NVME M.2 SSD housed in OWC Express 4-slot 4M2 M.2 NVME Thunderbolt 3 ports
    -Midi Controllers:  M-Audio Keystation 88, Novation 61SL

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: PMcCMusic

Cory,…very cool man,….thanks for sharing.

Best-

Peter

Many thanks Peter!

I just gave the tune another listen – still rawks!
    So you bounced all the drums, and then processed them in Cubase?
    Did you use any of the effects within S2 – or did you bounce them kind of “as-is”
    Whatever the case – they sound really good – even on these little speakers I have on my secondary computer
    Take care

Scott

Thanks a bunch Scott!!!
    I pretty much bounce them as is. The only real processing that i do within S2.0 is a bit with the “Envelope”, “Pitch”, and then just mixing some of the levels differently. Other than that it is entirely processed within Cubase.

Thanks again for taking another listen as well!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.