C&V update won’t install

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

>BTW shouldn’t you open an SD3 support subforum around here?
    https://www.toontrack.com/forum/superior-drummer-3-help/

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

David Rothan
    Participant

Won’t install for me either. Same with Metal Foundry.

mcm_paul
    Participant

i posted this elsewhere for metal foundry, but hopefully it helps for a short term solution for you. i’d take this as more of a band-aid than a fix.

had the same issue. also had the issue of installing any part (2-5) of SD3 just kept on ADDING more time and getting slower and slower (i think it got up to an estimated time to install–install locally…not download: 11 HOURS!)

so what i did is went into the unzipped files and just copy/pasted over to the proper install directory of metal foundry (copied the entire directory…not just sounds), and for SD3, i copied the sounds files into the proper folder.

after that, the product manager seemed to get that everything was installed and the program(s) worked as expected (at least as far as i can tell).

i’m sure i’m missing *something*…but it’s all working and have all the different mics/ sounds in sd3 and mf thinks it’s properly updated now!

how could i neglect the expectations, placed upon me, by myself....

David Rothan
    Participant

Cool. I did think about doing that, but was a little concerned that I might screw something up.

Anyway, I queried this with Toontrack support and they just got back to me. A response in less than half an hour. Excellent support Toontrack!

Toontrack Support (Toontrack)
    Sep 13, 12:56 PM CDT
    Hi David,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The programmers are aware of this issue and are creating a fix. There will be new updates in the Product manager in approximately 24 hrs.
    Make sure to download and install the all new Toontrack product manager found here: http://www.toontrack.com/product-manager/

Tom
    Participant

Nice. I will wait for the official fix then just to be sure I don’t get into trouble later.

I have plenty to discover and experiment with in SD3 without C&V. I think it is an absolutely wonderful piece of music production software. Luckily wife is away in Italy so that I have plenty of time to play with SD3.

BTW I can’t find the SD3 help subforum. Using the link above I am denied access.

David Rothan
    Participant

I can’t access the SD3 fourm either. “Access Denied”.

Mike P
    Participant

I’m glad to hear that an update will allow access to the original Toontrack Superior library, along with C&V and Vintage Add-on.
    There are some absolutely phenomenal ride cymbals in C&V and I use them in every project.
    Thanks!

www.mikeplas.com

Scott

@Mike P said:
    I’m glad to hear that an update will allow access to the original Toontrack Superior library, along with C&V and Vintage Add-on.
    There are some absolutely phenomenal ride cymbals in C&V and I use them in every project.
    Thanks!  

The original S1 libraries will not work in S3. If you are referring to the C&V SDX, then yes.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mike P
    Participant

@Scott said:

The original S1 libraries will not work in S3. If you are referring to the C&V SDX, then yes.  

So, once the fix has been made, I’ll be able to access C&V in S3?

www.mikeplas.com

Scott

@Mike P said:

So, once the fix has been made, I’ll be able to access C&V in S3?  

Are you asking about the C&V SDX version or the original S1 version?

The ‘fix’ is for the SDX update. S1 libraries are not compatible with S3.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

David Rothan
    Participant

@mcm_paul said:
    so what i did is went into the unzipped files and just copy/pasted over to the proper install directory of metal foundry…. 

I did this too….for Metal Foundry and C&V. All seems to be working OK.

Mike P
    Participant

@Scott said:

Are you asking about the C&V SDX version or the original S1 version?

The ‘fix’ is for the SDX update. S1 libraries are not compatible with S3.  

It appears that I have the “Original” version, as it’s listed under the Superior Line and not under the SDX Expansions.

Is there an upgrade for this pack? If not, do you know another library, EZX or SDX, in which there’s a McCartney Touring Ride? I’ve used it in hundreds of tracks and it’s just “the sound” I hear for certain genres.

Thanks!

www.mikeplas.com

Scott

@Mike P said:

It appears that I have the “Original” version, as it’s listed under the Superior Line and not under the SDX Expansions.

Is there an upgrade for this pack? If not, do you know another library, EZX or SDX, in which there’s a McCartney Touring Ride? I’ve used it in hundreds of tracks and it’s just “the sound” I hear for certain genres.

Thanks!  

There was an upgrade years ago when the SDX version was released. That was 7 years ago though.

I think that ride was only in C&V and only in the SDX version now.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mike P
    Participant

@Scott said:

There was an upgrade years ago when the SDX version was released. That was 7 years ago though.

I think that ride was only in C&V and only in the SDX version now.  

Thanks for the reply but man, that’s a drag. I really don’t want to drop $149 for a ride cymbal. 🙁

www.mikeplas.com

Tom
    Participant

I have the SDX upgrade of C&V and someone here mentioned Yesterday you would fix the install for this in 24 hours. It has not happened yet.

SD3 is so good that I wonder if I am going to use any of other SDX’s. The only one I will miss in SD3 is Percussionist that I have from SD1. It works in SD2 and I was surprised long ago when I saw you updated the graphics for SD2. I wonder why you don’t turn this into an SDX. There is the EZD version (Latin Percussion), but that’s only 16 bit.

I can, of course just keep using Percussionist with SD2 , but being able to use the Song Creator with Percussionist would have been nice.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.