C&V SDX “camco-craviotto jam.mp3”

Studio Corner
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • jgro002
    Participant

Hey there,

Until someone from Toontrack answers your specific question about that particular demo I’ll give you my perspective. When I was looking to buy the C&V SDX it was the very same demo that impressed me the most. And let’s just say I wasn’t disappointed in any way when I finally got C&V. It quickly became my favorite of all the libraries.

The C&V SDX is really, really great sounding and comes with some excellent presets from Peter Henderson. Included in those are two that (from memory) are called ‘Open Oaklawn’ and ‘Vintage Oaklawn’ which should pretty much get you that sound. Not sure if that would be what they used for the demo or not, but the point is that you have a bunch of presets that are ready to drop into a mix.

I’m also on Logic, and there’s nothing wrong with Logic’s Eq and compressor should you need further processing. Hope that helps some.

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Dmitri Kuzmin
    Participant

ORIGINAL: jgro002

Hey there…

Thanks for your answer. As I understand this particular demo I am talking about came from original release SUPERIOR Custom & Vintage and was recorder with 1st version of Superior drummer which didn’t have any internal FX processing.

Nickster
    Participant

Hi.
    I really like the sound on camco jam too.
    But i cant get that sound from c&v.
    Ive used Peter Henderson presets called ‘Open Oaklawn’ and ‘Vintage Oaklawn.
    Perhaps its the right drums but theres got to be alot of processes going on outside of superior drummer.
    If you just use C&V, even with their own presets its sounds pretty flat and dull.

Mattias
    Forum Crew

Hi!

This demo file was a track that Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah) did, he played the instruments and programmed the drums.
    I did the mix, however, this is such a long time ago (and yes, this was with Superior 1) so I cannot remember what I did to the drums, I am guessing I didnt do too much, the drums in C&V are so natural and sound so good right from the start. I will see if I can find the Pro Tools file some day and if I do, I’ll let you know!

Mattias Eklund - Toontrack
    Head Of Sound Design

Dmitri Kuzmin
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, Mattias. In general I found all mp3 demos that created as long ago as first Superior edition sound in the same compression and limiting style. Perhaps you did processing in ProTools with the same FX preset for all tracks but all of them sound pretty good in comparison with new unprocessed demos! Mattias, what limiter did you use in that times? RMS of old drum files is around -12db . It’s a huge for only drum section but sounds good because good limiter!

Nickster
    Participant

I would like to have a preset for the drums on that song 🙂
    And i would like to know what other equipment you used for processing that song.
    Plugins etc on every instrument. Matering effects?
    I think the drums, guitars and bass sounds great on that track.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.