Crossgrade Superior Drummer not working

Product Manager
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John

Hi,

neither EZdrummer 1 nor Superior 2 have Standalone applications; you need to use Toontrack solo to use any of those two in Standalone mode.

If you get an Authorization prompt when launching the EZdrummer 1 plugin, even though it is Authorised in Product Manager, you most likely have a copied ‘ezdrummer.dll’ file on your system that Cubase is picking up.
    Please make Search for ‘ezdrummer.dll’ and delete all instances that show up, then re-install the latest update.
    If you start Toontrack solo, you can take note of where your Toontrack VST plugins are installed and point Cubase to include this location in its VST Search paths, by going to ‘Options > Set paths…’.
    Also make sure you are using the correct bit version for your Cubase version; 32-bit or 64-bit.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Harald
    Participant

Hi there 🙂
    I just bought Superior Drummer 2 Crossgrade for upgrading my EzDrummer 2 (–> Superior Drummer 2). There’s been a lot of problems regarding installing this product. I’ve been trying now for almost two days and it’s REALLY frustrating how difficult it seems to be ~ to me at least. I’ve also tried to re-install my EzDrummer 2 several times, and it still wont work. I had to delete my EzDrummer 2 for opening my earlier projects, made by using EzDrummer 2. This because I got the message that my EzDrummer 2 had crashed, every single time and no matter what kind of songs I tried to open.

Then I thought I could use the same midi-file created in EzDrummer 2, and let Superior Drummer 2 play the same midi file.
    This doesn’t work properly.?!? (the tambourine and shaker is not in the right place amo.). Is this a well known problem, or is it just me..?!?

You can have both EzDrummer 2 AND Superior Drummer 2 as plug-ins inside Cubase PRO 8 I guess..?

In Toontrack Product Manager it seems like everything is in order, so now I don’t know what to do…?

Hopefully you will help me as soon as possible.

My system:
    PC
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Cubase PRO 8 – Version 8.0.35 built 565 (32bit) Nov 24 2015.

With best regards
    Harold Frost

John

Hi,

please perform a Search for ‘ezdrummer.dll’ on your system and delete all instances that show up.
    Next, re-install 2.1.4 from the Product Manager.

You can play back MIDI made with EZdrummer 2 with Superior 2 but if you use MIDI made with the special EZdrummer 2 percussion pads, you need to load an EZdrummer 2 EZX in Superior 2 for it to play back correctly.

The two plugins can coexist in the same Cubase Project.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Harald
    Participant

@John said:
    Hi,

please perform a Search for ‘ezdrummer.dll’ on your system and delete all instances that show up.
    Next, re-install 2.1.4 from the Product Manager.

You can play back MIDI made with EZdrummer 2 with Superior 2 but if you use MIDI made with the special EZdrummer 2 percussion pads, you need to load an EZdrummer 2 EZX in Superior 2 for it to play back correctly.

The two plugins can coexist in the same Cubase Project.

BR,
    John  

===

Thanks a lot John, now it’s working 🙂 Peace, Love & MUSIC B-)

Wbr
    ~ Harald ~

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

Been thinking about upgrading EZD2 to SD. Is this the way to go? There is like zero information of how these 2 work together online. If anyone knows of some videos on youtube or something please post the link. (and I’m not just talking about a “how to use SD” vid, I mean something where these 2 applications are being used together) THANKS!Laugh

Win 7 64 Pro Poop ToolsCry

“It is better to play than do nothing”

Confucius

John

Hi,

you can use the 2 at the same time. One reason may be that you wish to use the sounds and instrument tweaking capabilities of Superior 2 but the Groove finding and Song making tools in EZdrummer 2. Then you can use the MIDI Out function from EZdrummer 2 to feed Superior 2.
    https://www.toontrack.com/faq/ezdrummer-2-midi-out-with-pro-tools/

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Aaron Morgan
    Participant

Ok, Thanks Buddy. I believe that my packs work with SD. (already checked previously, which is a plus) I’ll definitely consider the cross-grade. Again, much appreciated. Smile

“It is better to play than do nothing”

Confucius

dokrok5150
    Participant

testing

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.