Create an X-Room!!!????

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • redlogic
    Participant

Not quite the same thing, but you can use X-drums to add the Ambience of one kit to another kit.

For example: Avatar kit, but using ambience from Allaire kit.

See “EXAMPLE #1 – adding ambience from different studio” from about 4:13 in the Superior Drummer 2.2 Introduction video.

Go to https://www.toontrack.com/index.asp, click on Toontrack TV, click on the Tutorials tab, and scroll down to the Superior Drummer 2.2 Introduction video.

Macmini 2019 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Nathan
    Participant

I would presume here, that you would get (eg) snare1 from Avatar with the ambience recording of snare2 from Allaire? -seeming as snare1 wasn’t recorded in the other room. I hope that makes sense…

I must admit I hadn’t thought of this as a creative possibility with SD

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Tom
    Participant

I wish there were some way you could set up a kit from different libraries, not as x-drums, but in the usual kit positions. That, of course, would not be possible with ambience from the same room. So what? Let me have different ambiences or add an artificial one with a reverb plugin. People put all sorts of reverb on different kit pieces anyway.

Nathan
    Participant

You can drag an instrument to anywhere on the construct screen, but it is unconnected with how it sounds, it’s stereo panning or the way that it interacts with the mxer or mics. You can add an instrument so that it is completely dry, no bleed into overheads, ambients or other mics -bring it out to its own channel in your DAW and you can add your reverb.

Are you objecting to the x-drum process? It does seem a little involved at first, but when you realise what it’s marrying together it isn’t a bad user interface for the control and flexibility available. The construct screen (for me) is really only a pretty picture to remind you what you’re using and to impress your clients.

😉

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Tom
    Participant

I know I can drag an x-drum anywhere. But I would much prefer x-drum as an option at the bottom of dropdown menu for each kit part in the GUI. From there you should be able to choose any other instrument you own, and it would automatically get the right midi notes associated. Ambience will then be a problem, but it could either be muted or even better: use another menu to choose the instrument delivering the ambience.

I don’t like x-drums scattered all over the GUI. I like a good looking GUI, and it with be even better, if there were photos of the actual drums.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.