Copy part of one kit to another kit

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

First you select the cymbals you want to change. You do this in the main window displaying the drums ,or in the instrument menu, by SHIFT- or CTRL-clicking.

Then you go to the preset and its Select Parts menu. There you choose “Only Selected Instruments”.
    (You probably also uncheck “Load Mixer” and “Load Macro Controls”.)

Then you press Load Parts.

(Actually, you can make or change your drum selection while you have the Select Parts menu open.)

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Demious
    Participant

That is exactly what Ive been trying to do, but what happens is that the Cymbals that I load are loaded onto the default kit of the expansion from the preset I try to copy and not to the kit Im working on.

To access a preset, I have to load the library corresponding to the setup the preset is made with and this changes the kit Im working on to the default kit of the library I open to be able to access the preset. All I can find is how to load parts of a preset onto the currently pictured kit in the main window, not the kit that Im working on.

Cheers!
    Maarten

Mac Pro, Catalina, Studio One 5 Pro, Quantum2626

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Presets are specific to an expansion. You cannot load or even access a preset from one SDX in another SDX.

(Well, you can access your user presets on disk and copy them from the location of one SDX to that of another
    but it is higly doubtful that loading them will result in something that you like.)

If you have spent some time creating a special drum, say a snare, where you have applied an envelope to some articulations and some pitching to some others and stacked articluations with other sounds and balanced the velocity response so that the result is just awesome then you save it as a User Instrument. User Instruments are not specific to the current library. They can be loaded onto any position in any library.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

• This post was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Olof Westman.

Thanked by: Henrik
    Bezo winZ
    Participant

Presets are specific to an expansion. You cannot load or even access a preset from one SDX in another SDX…

Damn! This is what I was wondering before I take advantage of the sale on SDXs. Glad I found out prior. Thanks!

SD3 v3.3.6, EZbass v1.1.7, EZkeys v1.3.4
    Studio One v5.5.2, Cubase v12.0.60
    3.6GHz Intel i9 iMac, 64GB RAM, OS 12.6.1

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.