Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

“Contact” mics

Studio Corner
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • stubsound
    Participant

http://www.suntekstore.co.uk/goods.php?id=15006121&utm_source=gbuk&utm_campaign=gbuk

What do you think?

Stig-R. Eliassen

Master - PT 7.4.2 HD3 Accel/ G5 Dual 2.3/ 6.5 Gb RAM/ OS 10.5.8
    Slave - VE Pro 5/ 6-core Westmere/ 24 Gb RAM/ OS 10.6.8/ Superior 2.3.2, dfh Superior, C&V SDX, NY vol. 2 SDX, Roots Bundle SDX, Twisted kit, Drumtracker/ TD-15K

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

a “decent” piezo for 4squid….

and there was me thinking this was a serious endeavour.

Save yourself the hassle, go on to ebay, look for any old roland brain (td3 etc) and pick up a few v-pads PD85’s. Then you can conveniently bypass the audio to midi conversion and even get rim triggers etc.

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

just to add, are you playing one pad at a time etc? things to consider would potentially be crosstalk etc, which again with a dedicated brain would make life at lot easier.

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

stubsound
    Participant

This is a serious endeavour, but I only need dynamic accuracy. I don’t care how it sounds. I will record it like a kit – all in one go. I don’t think crosstalk will be a problem with contact mics, but I have no experience with them.
    I don’t wanna go the Roland V-drums route – the expense adds up quickly. And this is more of a fun project too. The ugliest kit on the planet, but hopefully it’ll sound great in the end. I’ve triggered drum samples from my keyboard for 20 years, and that works just fine. I’m doing this to get some variation in the typical studio day; spice things up a little.

Thanks.

Stig-R. Eliassen

Master - PT 7.4.2 HD3 Accel/ G5 Dual 2.3/ 6.5 Gb RAM/ OS 10.5.8
    Slave - VE Pro 5/ 6-core Westmere/ 24 Gb RAM/ OS 10.6.8/ Superior 2.3.2, dfh Superior, C&V SDX, NY vol. 2 SDX, Roots Bundle SDX, Twisted kit, Drumtracker/ TD-15K

pipelineaudio
    Participant

Im doing great with radio shack 3 dollar piezos hot glued to the side of real drums and then filtered thru ReaGate. I can’t imagine it would be any worse, but most likely better with them stuck to a piece of cardboard or something

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.