Chris Pitman C&V Producer Presets……

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • sam odell
    Participant

ORIGINAL:
    Next on my list is the Rock EZmix.  Does anyone have an informed opinion on this package?

I have the Metal Rock and Ainlay packs and for me the Rock pack is the least useful. From now on I’m not buying packs made by musicians, I’m only getting ones made by people who are first and foremost engineers, but that’s just me.

As for the S2 producer presets I’ve usually been underwhelmed with them with maybe the exception of Andy Sneaps and Slate and the first Allen Morgan pack was ok, his second pack was a waste of money IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

csnow-70
    Participant

The Chris Pitman presets are total garbage! I am a fan of the presets and own many of them. I cant believe Toontrack put their name on this rubish…… I wish there was a way for a refund because these are really that BAD.

dfmsguitar
    Participant

ORIGINAL: SurCalifas CZ

Last night I downloaded the Chris Pitman C&V Producer presets as well as the Rock Songs midi pack .  The Midi pack will be very useful, unfortunately, I am not so sure about the Pitman presets.  Admittedly, I’ll need to do more experimentation but “out of the box” I think the presets that came with the expansion pack combined with EZmix give better results.

Anybody else give the Pitman presets a go?  What do you think? 

Next on my list is the Rock EZmix.  Does anyone have an informed opinion on this package?

Thanks!!

I currently have the Metal, Rock, and Mark Needham EZmix packs.  I would say the metal is definitely the most useful of the three.  The Rock EZmix is second on the list, and it’s pretty decent depending on the sound you’re going for and what your audio sounds like going into the plugin.   I think that’s the biggest problem is each pack is tailored to what audio the creator was working with… and depending on your own tracks, it’s impossible to tell which one’s going to work for you…  I really wish Toontrack would work out a way for us to try out an EZmix pack for a few days before buying it, I think that would save a lot of headache, considering there is no way to tell how each pack is going to work with your audio without trying it…

I’m sure if you looked on this forum you’d see my complaint about the Mark Needham pack.  It does not work for me at all, but there may be some people that it’s exactly what they need because their audio is similar to the Audio Mark Needham had going into the plugin. 

Overall though, for me and my mixes, I’d say the Rock EZmix works great for some of the sounds I tend to go for and it was definitely worth the money I spent on it. but that’s just one man’s opinion

Scott

ORIGINAL: csnow-70

The Chris Pitman presets are total garbage! I am a fan of the presets and own many of them. I cant believe Toontrack put their name on this rubish…… I wish there was a way for a refund because these are really that BAD.

Could you post some audio examples so we can hear what you are talking about? Do they sound different from the audio demos on the product page?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

csnow-70
    Participant

Sorry Scott but I dont record or mix, so I cant post a sound clip. I just play the drums through Solo. I own the Miles McPherson and Peter Henderson for C&V. I own both Allen Morgan I and II in addition to Steve Slate for Avatar. I also own Allen Morgan for Music City. Each preset has had at least one or two kits that were great additions to my drum set library. Not all were winners and some were better than others. For $15 I am happy if there is at least one setting that I find useful for jamming. Its fair to say that I am a good customer in supporting your preset products. I just dont see any use for any of the Chris Pitman presets. They just sound horrible. Maybe these sound good in a mix but they are just awful on their own merit as drum kit sounds. I am not a producer or aspiring musician. I am just a guy who plays edrums as a hobby. This is the first Toontrack product that I bought that I was completely disappointed in.

Scott

Sorry then, I can’t offer any tips on improving the presets. I don’t have these presets so I can’t offer any constructive help.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

csnow-70
    Participant

No worries, its not the first $15 that I have wasted. I still have love for the presets as a product offering and will buy more in the future. I just hope these Pitman presets are not a sign of things to come.

Scott

I don’t think it’s Toontrack philosophy to create sh!tty presets now or in the future. If you don’t find use for them, others may.

As you say, ‘Maybe these sound good in a mix’. It would seem reasonable to assume that alot of users would use the presets in a mix and not ‘naked’.

For example, the Sneap Presets have a lot of Chamber reverb. In a dense mix with a wall of heavily distorted electric guitars, the reverb would sound fine and not overpowering. Solo’d they may sound drenched in reverb and not all that good. The same can be said for almost every element in a mix. Solo them, they sound awful, in the mix, perfect.

Personally, I think any of these Producer preset packs as a starting point. They are useful to pop on the mix and but then tweaked to taste.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

csnow-70
    Participant

Fair enough, but I anxiously await to see what others think.

dfmsguitar
    Participant

Hey b. sabbath,

Just wondering what you think about the Ainlay presets.  I hear it comes with a pretty big pack of them, but was it worth the money to you?

sam odell
    Participant

ORIGINAL: dfmsguitar

Hey b. sabbath,

Just wondering what you think about the Ainlay presets.  I hear it comes with a pretty big pack of them, but was it worth the money to you?

I think it might be my favorite so far or at least just as good as the Metal, for lack of better words the Ainlay presets seem like sensible bread and butter type stuff, I’m satisfied with this one. I also just got the Needham pack too and it’s not bad but I’ll still use the Ainlay the most or at least as much as the Metal.

if you thought the Metal pack was worth the money then you’ll think this one is too, if you didn’t think the Metal was worth the money then you won’t think this was either, but I find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

dfmsguitar
    Participant

ORIGINAL: b. sabbath

I think it might be my favorite so far or at least just as good as the Metal, for lack of better words the Ainlay presets seem like sensible bread and butter type stuff, I’m satisfied with this one. I also just got the Needham pack too and it’s not bad but I’ll still use the Ainlay the most or at least as much as the Metal.

if you thought the Metal pack was worth the money then you’ll think this one is too, if you didn’t think the Metal was worth the money then you won’t think this was either, but I find it useful.

Awesome, the Metal pack is definitely my favorite so far.  No matter what style I’m working on, I end up turning back to the Metal bass presets.  But yeah, Thanks for the advice man.  I’ll have to pick that one up.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.