Changed hard drive name now Product Manager wants to download libraries again

Product Manager
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • John

Hi,

if I understand you correctly, you only renamed the drive, you did not move the downloads folder?

If so, what should happen when you hit Download again for a product you already have present in your ‘Downloads’ folder, is that it should discover it and verify the contents so you do not need to download again.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Headrc
    Participant

That is correct.  This all happened as a result of my upgrading to a new Mac computer.  I actually cloned the hard drive I had all my sound library on previously to a new external drive, using the same name for that hard drive that the previous one was named.  But after success there and then making sure everything worked  as it should (by loading previous projects using the libraries) I then decided it would be good to have the new hard drive named differently for identification and backup purposes.  Everything still loaded properly etc. on those projects after I renamed that hard drive.  However when I went to product manager to check for updates and check for what I actually owned (contemplating new library purchases), product manager made me download my midi expansions and sound libraries again because it stated they were not installed.  I thought that OK I will go ahead and do that but surely Product Manager will just recognize they are already there.  That is not what happened,  I have had to go through the whole download process again and am still not done yet with that.  So I am confused …where did all those previous downloads go to?  And am I now faced with some hidden duplicate files?  Pretty confusing since again all I did was changed the name of the hard drive.  And yes everything is in the same location on that cloned hard drive as they were on the previous one.

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
    John

OK, I misunderstood then, we use the word ‘Download’ differently, I thought you meant finished downloads but still not installed.

For me, ‘Downloads’ are what you download to install from. The Product Manager has a Default location for these downloads, usually in your ‘Downloads/Toontrack’ folder on a Mac.
    What is installed from the downloads; libraries, MIDI files, etc. should end up somewhere completely different (and it does by Default) than there , or you will be getting problems sooner or later.

If you close the PM and open Superior Drummer 3 Standalone and go to ‘Settings > Libraries/Paths…’ and check the location of your SDX:s first, are the paths correct for your 3 SDX:s?

Scroll down to the bottom of that page and check the ‘Additional Libraries’ path. By Default, this path would be ‘/Library/Application Support/EZdrummer’. What does your path look like? Does it point to an ‘EZdrummer folder on your external drive?

If you open EZkeys Standalone, are you prompted to point the software to the external drive? EZbass Standalone?

The software will always be installed to your system drive but your sound libraries and MIDI can be installed to the external drive.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.