Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

CC Hithat Pedal (Tight Tip + Tigh Edge)

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • John

Hi,

why don’t you adjust the HH CC4 curve in MIDI In/E-drums > Hi-Hat Pedal?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

Yes I use the MIDI In/E-drums > Hi-Hat Pedal..

But what I was saying is to Map the CC4  like in SD2 to nodes.. in SD2 you could make nodes with the cc4 in sd3 can’t find where that option is..

John

I’m sorry, I do not get what it is you cannot do with these two that you could with Superior 2:
    HH_Property_Box
    HH_Pedal
    Please elaborate.
    No, there is no way to “pin” the ‘All Articulations’ drop-down but maybe the MIDI Mapping Property Box with Show Keys helps?
    MIDI_Mapping_Keys

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

thanks for your answer.. but what I trying to do.. is that when I move myCC4 foot pedal from 127 to 120 for example

it will use the “Tight Tip” from the Hit hats and when my CC4 goes from for example 119 to 110 I want the sound from the Hit Hat “Tight Edge”..

and so on.. that way I could Use “tight tip” “close tip” and “tight edge” and “close edge” on the same CC4 foot pedal with only 1 Note Hitting the Hit Hat.

combing the “Tip” and the “Edge” from the hit hats  to use it with 1 note and depending of the value of the CC4 movement it will use Tip or Edge ..with 1 note.

In Superior Drummer 2 you could do that with with an option called “Nodes” in the “Mapping” section

John

OK, sorry I was a bit thick there.

Well, the closest I can get having 1 single note triggering two different “zones” and having CC control articulations is to trigger the “TipTrigger” then unload the Tip articulations I do not want, so the substitution kicks in and triggers the “EdgeTrigger” articulations but it doesn’t exactly yield the same result as what you did with the Superior 2 nodes.

I don’t think it’s possible as SD3 works at the moment.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

mariannekhos3
    Participant

ok John thanks Bad News for Me.. I use that All the time in SD2.. it was a great Feature, “nodes” was Called..

I don’t know why disable that feature in SD3 it was a great Feature; specially for CC controls so.. SD2 was better in there..

I think I would still have to use SD2 then.

francesco dipaola
    Participant

Ciao,

io posseggo  Alesisi DM10 e da un po di tempo che il pedale non trasmette suoni quando lo chiudo….tutto il resto funziona,

sono parecchi giorni che combatto con questo problema, qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi??

Grazie

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

what I trying to do.. is that when I move myCC4 foot pedal from 127 to 120 for example it will use the “Tight Tip” from the Hit hats and when my CC4 goes from for example 119 to 110 I want the sound from the Hit Hat “Tight Edge”.. and so on.. that way I could Use “tight tip” “close tip” and “tight edge” and “close edge” on the same CC4 foot pedal with only 1 Note Hitting the Hit Hat.

I can build you such an engine. If you are interested please get in touch via FB. 🙂

francesco dipaola
    Participant

Grazie per la disponibilità della risposta,

Non capisco come settare le note…. Provo con la velocity ma non funziona nulla sul pedale HIHAT

come ti trovo su FACEBOOK?
    Grazie

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

Grazie per la disponibilità della risposta, Non capisco come settare le note…. Provo con la velocity ma non funziona nulla sul pedale HIHAT come ti trovo su FACEBOOK?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/579177292995927

petedrum1
    Participant

Sorry If I missed the details but I could not see what module and what hats you are trying to set up?  As far as I can see going from Superior to Easy is a downgrade in such a way that EZ has fewer features in order to give a more well,,easy workflow.

I would say your best bet would be to go for Superior drummer 3 or they say addictive is kind of sitting between these two as regards features so it may be worth checking it out.

I will say it’s a real bummer Superior drummer 3 does not have a trial version Superior bummer I could say it because If you want to test such features as Hi-Hat compatibility with superior you have to buy it first. OK, it has a mapping for most modules but we found although this is the case with some vsts you still have to go under the hood and tweak.  We had huge problems with BFD and the Roland VH11 hat so wanted to crossover to Superior but did not want to purchase it without a test run just in case we had the same problems we had with BFD.  We also tried EZ and although it was way easier to set up than BFD  it still required more tweaking and then the trial ran out, surprisingly the test with Addictive and its really easy learn function worked like a breeze with our TD( and CY5 hat compared to BFD.

Also, I read Superior is great with newer modules but older ones need more setting up when it comes to Hats it all depends on your module, One thing that may help you is to try mapping from a different module map. I read some TD20 owners got better results with the TD11 mapping?  ohhh If only they worked straight off the bat,   but some do get lucky while others have to go bald trying.

The goal I guess is to get your hats working at least as good as they perform with your module and as you can not try SD3 and EZ has fewer capabilities understandably its a bit of a gamble unless you can find someone here who is using your identical setup and can state it works fantastically

Sorry I am not that man

mariannekhos3
    Participant

i miss the old NODES from SD2.. it was so simple to Create a now called “STACK”.. controlled with any CC.. no way to do this in SD3 until today 2021

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.