can’t map properly hi-hat (VH-11) on a TD-9 using EZD2. help!

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John

Hi,

if your TD-9 is at Factory Settings, with the VH-11 selected as HH controller, it should only be a matter of launching EZdrummer 2 and selecting the Roland E-drums MIDI Preset mapping in the EZdrummer 2 Menu.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

fed_1
    Participant

actuallly it didn’t fully work. I have been remapping it manually and I think I got this to work. but still confused about the many articulations on EZD2 HH vs the TD9 ones.
    also I noticed sometimes I specify a note/number in the TD9 and the AZD2 sees it as a different note…not sure why

finally sometimes I specify a note/number, the AZD2 sees it as the right number but triggers a different sample than the one expected….
    here is how I mapped it to what I think was the best result. but it seems to me the TD9 cant manage all the articulations

IMG_5311.JPG

John

To put it bluntly; that’s not going to work.
    EZdrummer 2 has a clever way to transform the input notes from the module and the HH CC data to all the articulations available and transmute between them.
    The moment you change notes from the Factory Default, this scheme won’t work.
    Please reset you module to Factory Settings and then select the Roland E-drums MIDI Preset.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

fed_1
    Participant

Hi John thanks for your reply but it doesn’t really work. I have put my TD nine in full default settings and it will simpl not play the full range of sounds from Ezdrummer to to work with my hi-hat. For instance I get the close sounds, but Ezdrummer has 5 different open sounds from open wide to semi-closed, and I get 3

Any other advice?

John

Which version number is displayed in the plugin interface?
    Can you post a screen shot of the Settings page, does it look like the one attached?
    E-Drums_Settings.png

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

fed_1
    Participant

Yes it looks like this. I downloaded the demo just a few days ago. To reiterate all the other sounds work fine but it seems to me the transmutation that should convert into all those different hi-hat sounds for some reason doesn’t work for me. As per my previous post I only get the specific sound I specific in the menu of my td9 midi page but not all the sounds “in between”. for some reason the continuous midi signal don’t translate into the different open sounds, but only to 3.

I think the TD9 and VH11 together should fully support the complete hi-hat transmutation for EZD2/SD2?

DrummerWilly
    Participant

Hi fed_1.

I too am having the same issues. Did you ever get a resolve?

DrummerWilly
    Participant

I too need help and have sent several emails to the Toontrack help forum.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.