Cannot import midi meter map into SD3 using midi file exported from Pro Tools

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • John

Hi,

I am using Superior Drummer 3.1.4 in Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6 and I just set up a Timeline with the Conductor Track active in Pro Tools with several Meter changes and a Tempo change. I Exported a MIDI file and first Imported the Meter changes to my SD3 Song Track, then the Tempo changes. They are both Imported as expected. When I drag MIDI down to the SD3 Song Track and play back from Pro Tools, grooves play back and align as expected.

Which plugin version is displayed in the lower left corner of the SD3 plugin?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Dave_26
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, John. It was a while ago that I thought I was having the midi import issues and decided to ask for help before trying again.

But now I honestly don’t know if I was just not noticing that the meter changes were actually importing and are sort of not displayed very well in the GUI or if I was really experiencing a problem.

Regardless, I’m now retreating with embarrassment because I do see that it’s working now.

I’m thinking that the fact that importing a meter map into a blank “track” in SD3 doesn’t exactly show up very well in the GUI is probably what was happening and I probably just didn’t realize that it was working.

Apologies if I’ve ended up crying wolf!

Will report back if I somehow see it happening again as I continue to work. And I’m on 3.1.4, FYI.

• This post was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Dave_26.

Thanked by: John
    Henrik
    Participant

I’m thinking that the fact that importing a meter map into a blank “track” in SD3 doesn’t exactly show up very well in the GUI is probably what was happening and I probably just didn’t realize that it was working.

We’ll look into this, and see if we can make it clearer 🙂

Thanks for the report!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.