Can I record with EZMIX amps so I hear them?

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brad
    Participant

Yes you can certainly track through EZMix 2. There may be some latency introduced to the signal path depending on which amp models and effects are active at the time, this may be reduced by lowering the amount of hardware buffer used by your sound card or audio interface to something you, the player and the system (CPU, throughput channels etc… ) can tolerate. The beauty of EZMix is that once you have the basic guitar track recorded in your DAW you can go back and tweak the settings in EZMix or select completely different presets to get the exact sound you’re looking for.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

amdir
    Participant

That’s great. Thank you! For someone who is very inexperienced in this – how could one lower the latency? I have a pretty strong system, and am currently looking into buying a USB soundcard when I buy EzMix2. I have been looking at the Focusrite 2i4 and the Presonus AudioBox 22VSL.

Brad
    Participant

Whatever interface you get will have some buffer settings that it requires to run. This setting plus the latency required by the plug-in will give you an overall latency number. The lower buffer setting on the interface, the less latency, but the bigger strain on the host (Mac or PC). Whatever latency is introduced plug-ins you have to live with, you can only deal with the latency introduced by the buffer setting of your interface by lowering the buffer setting. I usually use a lower hardware buffer when recording and then raise it during mixing where I will add more plug-ins and perhaps virtual instruments. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

amdir
    Participant

Yes. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.