Can EZDrumner2 be used without a DAW?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

No, you don’t need an interface, a DAW or a host of any kind to run EZDrummer2 on your laptop.
    It’s funny that I couldn’t find any mention of ‘standalone mode’ on the EZDrummer product description page.
    When EZD2 was 1st released, it was a very big deal that EZDrummer could run without need of a DAW, without Solo, etc.

Thanked by: Thomas Eagan
    wick3dxero
    Participant

/I’m having a similar issue I’m running a Microsoft surface laptop with pro tools and I’m well aware that easy drummer can run in standalone mode outside of a daw but can it work in a daw with no interface?

When I fire up pro tools and create a stereo instrument track and insert easy drummer onto that track it loads but when I click on the drums I get no sound out of my speakers but it shows sound happening on my protools mixer.

Am i missing something?  I have asio4all installed but all that seems to do is screw up the sound on my entire laptop when i install it.

John

Hi,

how is the Instrument Track routed? Is it bussed to the Master Output or a bus not currently in use? Do you get sound out of other Virtual Instruments in Pro Tools? Which PT version are you using?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.