Brushes – Swirl technique

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scott

I think you’d have the best luck with jazz ‘swirls’ with the http://www.toontrack.com/product/product/jazz-ezx/.

Here’s a quick example of the brush swirls in the Jazz EZX:

http://www.rainbowsounds.com/Toontrack/JazzBrushSwirl.mp3

There is a brush swirl in the Vintage Rock Brushes and Sticks EZX (note number ’67’ – hold it down). Not as extensive as the Jazz EZX though. There are also ‘Brushed Snare Swirls’ grooves in the groove library of VRB&S. Also, if you want the snare ‘taps’ as in the example above (played while the swirls are playing at the same time), make sure you’re triggering the ‘muted’ snare articulations as the regular ‘right/left’ articulations will stop the swirls.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Anders Hagström
    Participant

I would go with the Jazz EZX. That´s a sweet kit and the brushes (swirls) sound great.

Here´s a tune I did with the Jazz EZX.

Scott Vita
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Scott
    I think you’d have the best luck with jazz ‘swirls’ with the http://www.toontrack.com/product/product/jazz-ezx/.

Thanks Scott. I’m thinking of purchasing the Jazz EZX retail box, but I’ve noticed that the other Toontrack products I have are also available for download. If I purchase the Jazz EZX retail box would I be able to also download the product immediately?

Scott Vita
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Anders H
    I would go with the Jazz EZX. That´s a sweet kit and the brushes (swirls) sound great.

Here´s a tune I did with the Jazz EZX.

http://web.comhem.se/andershagstrom/whendoesitend.mp3

Nice stuff Anders. Reminds me a bit of Riviera Paradise.

Scott

The EZdrummer line of products are available for download upon registration of the serial number. If your retailer sends along (email) the serial number after purchase, you can register it in your Toontrack account and download the EZX immediately.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Vita
    Participant

The EZdrummer line of products are available for download upon registration of the serial number. If your retailer sends along (email) the serial number after purchase, you can register it in your Toontrack account and download the EZX immediately.

I was considering purchasing from Toontrack directly. Would Toontrack send me the serial number immediately after purchase? I’d like to get the retail box but I have a project I need to finish quickly.

Thank you Scott for your help.

Scott

I think you could contact Toontrack via the webpage (toontrack.com) About->Contact Shipping/Office and explain the situation and I’m sure they could hook you up with the download while you wait for the box.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Vita
    Participant

I think you could contact Toontrack via the webpage (toontrack.com) About->Contact Shipping/Office and explain the situation and I’m sure they could hook you up with the download while you wait for the box.

I ended up taking advantage of a half price deal getting the download version for $39.99. Righteous!
    Thanks again for your help with this. Much appreciated.

Scott Vita
    Participant

So, I got around to attempting to lay in my snare swirls but I am having difficulty getting them to sound correctly. I am using the muted snare hit as Scott suggested and I can get the swirl placed where I want it for the first measure. I then copy and paste the swirl into the next measure but it will not sound the same as the first. It’s either too loud or truncated. This is with all parameters of the hit being equal.

I realize I am probably not understanding something about how the swirls work, but I can’t figure out what it is.

Help much appreciated and Merry Christmas!!!

Rogue

I suggest you create a topic in the EZDrummer help section and we will try to help with this matter. I’ll now close this subject. Thank you for your understanding.

Happy Christmas to you too!

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.