Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Best way to use Battery and EZD together?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 123suckamc
    Participant

Good lord.  Is EZ Player Pro what I’m talking about?  And will I be able to see it WITHIN Cubase?  Like under “instruments”?

Scott

EZplayer does have a ‘Battery (GM)’ map that should map any MIDI that EZplayer is reading to Battery GM mapping. I don’t use Battery so I can’t offer any first hand feedback.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

godprobe
    Participant

Generally, the Battery kits I have (whether the kit pieces themselves correspond or not) are mapped similar to the GM Drums standard, so for the most part, the grooves “should” actually work.  If not, there’s the method through EZplayer that Scott mentions.

However, in my experience (and I love using Battery and Superior together), it’s easier to manually program the Battery parts.  I’m not at all well-versed in Cubase, so I don’t know how easy it is to edit the MIDI grooves within it, but I assume it’s fairly similar to Reaper.  My process is usually to click through the Battery kits until I find one that complements the sound I’m after (sometimes I’ll have the analog drum part already, sometimes not, usually it’s still a placeholder) — then program a basic beat manually in the Piano Roll in Reaper.  Copy/paste as necessary, and continually refine it until it fits the song (doesn’t sound too repetitive, has an effective selection of the samples from the Battery kit, and carries the overall mood I’m trying to achieve).  And that sounds more idyllic than it is — there’s plenty of trial and error. 🙂

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

123suckamc
    Participant

Got it.  Can’t get it to work w/Cubase, though… it keeps insisting that it’s mono, so it won’t make any sound.

(I started a thread about that, but the admin moved it to what must be its proper place… but I don’t have sufficient credential to see that thread… or something.  It won’t let me see it.)

123suckamc
    Participant

Please?

John

123suckamc,

we have no way of connecting you to your Toontrack product(s) and thus can not grant you access to the Support Section.
    Please contact us through the Support Portal providing your product(s) serial number(s) and the email used when first registering, so we may help you with access ASAP.

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

123suckamc
    Participant

I filled out a support request yesterday.  It said there’d be a response w/in 24 hours.  Honestly, the thought of waiting 24 hours (so far it’s been most of those 24) to get to use my awesome new toy was pretty depressing, so I thought I’d try this route.

Martin

Hi,

you now have full forum access. You used a different email for your forum login than the one linked to your licenses, that’s why you didn’t have full forum access previously.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

123suckamc
    Participant

Ahhhhh.   Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.