Best/Unique Midi Packs?

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

I am going to leave the suggestion of packs for someone else to answer – but remember that you can use the “Use Web Shop MIDI” button (at the top of the Search tab) to browse the different MIDI packs that are available in our web shop :)

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

TheProfessor
    Participant

Haha yeah I tried that a bit, it just gets confusing auditioning hundreds of grooves. Maybe I’ll try it out again, I just wanted some input from people who may play in similar styles as me :D

Guy Rowland
    Participant

@Henrik said:

I am going to leave the suggestion of packs for someone else to answer – but remember that you can use the “Use Web Shop MIDI” button (at the top of the Search tab) to browse the different MIDI packs that are available in our web shop :)

I actually asked this question in the Other Pre Sales area but not sure if it’s been seen – I got some good results from the Custom and Vintage midi, wen’t to buy it only to discover its not for sale! Looks like the only SDX midi I can see that isn’t available separately – is this an oversight? Me wanna… thanks

Henrik
    Participant

That is, unfortunately, the case. I will forward your request to the sound guys here at Toontrack however, to let them know that we have customers who would like that SDX as a MIDI pack!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Guy Rowland
    Participant

@Henrik said:

That is, unfortunately, the case. I will forward your request to the sound guys here at Toontrack however, to let them know that we have customers who would like that SDX as a MIDI pack!

You’re a good man, thanks very much Henrik Smile

While you’re chatting, for future packs I’d love a few more genres to be covered. There’s only one Reggae groove in the entire Toontrack arsenal at the moment (in fact that would be a good EZX all round, wouldn’t it?). Then how about some Ska, Punk, Rare Groove, modern Indie and more EDM for the electronic sets? I love the Toontrack grooves very much, the playing and realism is terrific but in general its skewed quite heavily towards the USA – Rock, Country, Ballads etc.

Cheers, still loving playing around with EZD2 mxing and matching all those kits.

fnordbak
    Participant

@TheProfessor said:

I know this will be subjective, but I guess I’m looking for variety.

I already have Pop/Rock! EZX, Indie Folk EZX, Nashville EZX, Pop! EZX, as well as the NY Volume Studio 1,2, & 3 Midi packs, and the Session Drummer Midi pack, as well as some third party grooves.

I was going to get the Music City Midi pack, but now I’m thinking it might be too similar to the multitude of rockish grooves I have with all the above packs.

Can anyone recommend any other Midi packs they’ve been pleased with? I’m considering the BackBeats pack too, but I cant make up my mind!

I also enjoy Jazz, but dont know if I play enough to justify a whole pack when I already have a good few grooves. Not interested in any metal packs.

I guess I mostly play Indie/rock type stuff.

I was also considering one of the ‘songwriter’ packs, but again… cant decide.

http://www.toontrack.com/product/the-classic-midi/

http://www.toontrack.com/product/songwriters-drumpack-3/

TheProfessor
    Participant

@fnordbak said:

@TheProfessor said:

I know this will be subjective, but I guess I’m looking for variety.

I already have Pop/Rock! EZX, Indie Folk EZX, Nashville EZX, Pop! EZX, as well as the NY Volume Studio 1,2, & 3 Midi packs, and the Session Drummer Midi pack, as well as some third party grooves.

I was going to get the Music City Midi pack, but now I’m thinking it might be too similar to the multitude of rockish grooves I have with all the above packs.

Can anyone recommend any other Midi packs they’ve been pleased with? I’m considering the BackBeats pack too, but I cant make up my mind!

I also enjoy Jazz, but dont know if I play enough to justify a whole pack when I already have a good few grooves. Not interested in any metal packs.

I guess I mostly play Indie/rock type stuff.

I was also considering one of the ‘songwriter’ packs, but again… cant decide.

http://www.toontrack.com/product/the-classic-midi/

http://www.toontrack.com/product/songwriters-drumpack-3/

Oh wow, I hadnt considered The Classic at all, but those sample grooves sound sexy as hell…. Hmm, I may end up grabbing that one. I was considering Backbeats for a little while, but I do like the sounds of that set. Thanks!

EDIT: Which pack is bigger, between the Classic and Songwriters 3 pack?

thedude4774
    Participant

I only got to try them out for a little bit but so far I love the funk, disco, soul, and classic rock ones. Really blown away by the quality of the drumming. I write in all genres so I bought a 6 pack and was hoping to cover just about all the bases. I like the hip hop one too.  But I got the big band instead of jazz and I’m wishing I had gotten one of the jazz ones instead. I actually went there specifically for blues but I didn’t like the sound of those samples.  I haven’t gotten to try them out yet for songs,  just spent a few hours jamming with them, but I’m really floored by the quality of the drummers they got. I kind of ended up choosing my packs more by how good I liked the sound of the drummers rather than focusing as much as I should have on the genres, but I’m really super impressed so far at how good these guys are.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.