Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Bass Software

Studio Corner
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jessica Lehto
    Participant

How do you mean “works similar to toontrack”?

Spectrasonics Trillian is a great bass library. Native Instruments has Jay-Bass, MM-Bass and Pre-Bass that sound really good. Yellow Tools has a bass plug called Majestic.

Check those out, I bet at least one of them will be what you are looking for!

Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4Mb Cache Corsair PC6400 800MHz 4GB ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi AP (P965) Cubase Studio 4 Tascam FW-1082 Korg M3 88

notstewart
    Participant

I guess I meant with midi files that you can drag into a track.

I’ve heard good things about Spectrasonics, I’ll check those other suggestions you made out.

thanks for replying!!

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

notstewart
    Participant

Well I checked out those suggestions, and as far as I can see they don’t have midi files. It looks like you have to use a keyboard controller to produce the sounds. I only watched the first demo of trillian, and in that he was using a keyboard. I’m not interested in that or any electronic bass sounds.
    Right now I’m using the top two strings of my acoustic guitar to do bass lines.
    Awhile back, Chris nudged me toward using the midi files in toontracks and I’ve never looked back.

So, maybe this could be a new direction for toontracks. I mean they already have the midi tracks recorded, how hard would it be to have a bass player play a few different bass styles over them?
    I know, it’s very time consuming, but imagine having the ability to have your whole foundation down (bass and drums) in an afternoon? And by a professional bass player, that’s what I’m talking about!! 🙂

Whitten
    Participant

I think there are companies that supply midi files you can use with products like Trillian.
    There are also loop libraries you can buy.
    The one down side is that any pre-produced melodic midi is going to determine the direction of your music. Drum midi files work because drums usually perform a supportive role. There are a few dozen standard drum grooves that are the foundation of many, many songs. So using drum midi doesn’t really tie you into any specific direction in your composition.
    However, Beatstation offers REX files in melodic instruments (bass, keyboards, guitar etc), as does Apple loops I think.

notstewart
    Participant

That makes sense Chris. I guess I was envisioning something more flexible which is no doubt easier said then done.
    I was watching one of Kraznet’s Samplitude turtorials and what he did with his bass playing in about 30 seconds, I could never achieve in a lifetime.
    So, besides wishing I could play like that, what would be the next best thing…someone playing like that over toontracks.
    But I definitely see your point about limiting the direction of the song once a melody direction is begun.

Here’s Kraznet’s turtorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuVGRxPc5M
    I love what he finally ends up with after the 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16 edited tracks.

Thanks for replying Chris!!

Paul

Christian
    Participant

Hi!
    Check out Broomstick Bass.
    Very nice authentic Bass sounds from acoustic over electric to analog synthie stuff.
    And you could import midi files to your sequenzer, not exactly drag and drop, but it works.
    The download is also quite cheap (49 Euro)…

Chris

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Steinberg virtual bassist….

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

dthgtr
    Participant

Steinberg VB is discontinued.The only place I could find one for sale is at Amazon.There is one left in stock and I’m not not spending $200+ on discontinued software.

Broomstcick’s own website states that it is not compatible with IntelMac or Vista,so it is safe to say Win 7 isn’t either(let alone 64 bit).

Having said that I don’t see why someone couldn’t pick up where Stienberg left off.It does look like something TT could pull off (superiorly).

Keyfax is the only place where I have seen any MIDI bass grooves,and that is primarily only one pack.The only other bass grooves I can find are Acid loops,etc… If there are more I would love to know.

I watched the Trillian video demos and it looks like you have to be fairly competent on keyboards to justify it’s price tag.

Is there anything else out there that hasn’t been mentioned yet?

Later.

2004 Fender American Stratocaster Marshall MG 250 Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation Novation Impuse 49 Scarlett 8i6 Presonus Eris 5 monitors Sonar X3 Pro Win7 HP 64 Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Intel i5 3470(3rd gen) 3.2GHz 16GB RAM (2)1TBHDD

Brad
    Participant

I use Trillian and BasIs, which is a VI for Kontakt Player. For sound quality and articulation selection I don’t think you’ll find anything better than Trillian. BasIs I like because it’s simpler, so if I’m just putting something down quickly I will use it. (For us Pro Tool users they are both good in that Kotakt 4 and Trillian have “server” mode, that takes advantage of memory segments outside of Pro Tool’s 32 bit limitation). However I get the feeling you are looking for more than just a bass VI, wanting to see something in the way of a VI with MIDI patterns bundled together, there I see a real gap in what’s being marketed and perhaps an opportunity for someone. Most of what I have found are ACID, REX, WAV, etc… at producerloops.com, not actual MIDI with a packaged bass instrument.

Mac Studio M1 Max, RAM 64 GB, 1TB Drive, OSX 12.x/13.x and Windows 10 (VM)
    DAW: Studio One 5/6, Pro Tools Studio
    DTX Express III (Extreme triggers), Nektar LX88
    OWC Thunderbay Mini (4 X 1TB Sata SSD), Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB M.2 SSD), Envoy Express (1TB M.2 SSD)
    Presonus Quantum, Faderport & Faderport 8
    Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128, BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
    2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.