Awesome Snare Tone

User demos
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Christian Derdul
    Participant

Nice work

Mac Pro 4.1, 2.26 GHz 8 Core, 28 GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Logic Pro 10.2.0, Apogee Duet

hammy21086
    Participant

Someone likes Scar Symmetry………I approve!

Juicy
    Participant

Is that the Dunnett Titanium >Metal Machine ?

AustinW90
    Participant

Sorry for not mentioning the snare (DOH! haha)

It’s the Slingerland snare from the Avatar kit with a cheap reverb plug-in on it from Sonar DAW. One trick I also use is I put an analyzer on the snare to see what the most dominant frequencies are and then I cut those specific frequencies out of the guitar tracks so the snare can come through more clearly without having to boost the crap out of it – although I usually still boost the crap out of it.

Juicy
    Participant

Ok yeah Makin Space i hear ya.
    I find it a bit back in the mix or is that just a Metal Gtr Must dominate situation.

VOLiTiAN
    Participant

Subtractive EQ’ing is definitely the way forward, but then again nothing is linear when sitting under a compressor…

Either way, the tone of the snare maybe nice, but the avatar kit is so widely used these days and the mix is really not supporting it, sounds very much like a guitarist mixed this….

Also is there any sidechaining at all setup in the mix???

Regards

D.

www.myspace.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundclick.com/VOLiTiAN www.reverbnation.com/VOLiTiAN www.soundcloud.com/VOLiTiAN

AustinW90
    Participant

http://soundcloud.com/austinw90/dtro

Here’s a new song with basically the same mix, with a little less compression.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.