Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Avatar Midi and Metal Machinery + Metal Foundry SDX’s will not install, been waiting a month for help

Product Manager
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • John

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you have been waiting a long time for assistance. Let’s get you up and running ASAP.
    if I understand you correctly, you do indeed have the Avatar Core Sound library on your hard drive @ ‘{Mac HD}/Library/Application Support/Superior Drummer’?
    It is the MIDI part that do not get copied, since there seems to be some kind of writing permission problem, right?
    You write that you had everything working earlier but on an external drive, does this mean that you had the ‘EZHOME’ location (the repository for Toontrack MIDI) on an external drive as well?
    Do you have a ‘Midi’ folder inside ‘{Mac HD}/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer’?
    If you have; please select it in the Finder and hit Cmd+I to bring up the Info window. Does the System have Read+Write permission?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hardware
    Participant

@John said:
    Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you have been waiting a long time for assistance. Let’s get you up and running ASAP.
    if I understand you correctly, you do indeed have the Avatar Core Sound library on your hard drive @ ‘{Mac HD}/Library/Application Support/Superior Drummer’?
    It is the MIDI part that do not get copied, since there seems to be some kind of writing permission problem, right?
    You write that you had everything working earlier but on an external drive, does this mean that you had the ‘EZHOME’ location (the repository for Toontrack MIDI) on an external drive as well?
    Do you have a ‘Midi’ folder inside ‘{Mac HD}/Library/Application Support/EZDrummer’?
    If you have; please select it in the Finder and hit Cmd+I to bring up the Info window. Does the System have Read+Write permission?

BR,
    John  

Hi John and thanks for your reply!

To be honest I don’t recall where the Midi was previously installed, but I’d guess it was on the Mac HD as I knew it wasn’t large files so I didn’t need to have them with the Sound Library files.

The EZDrummer folder actually didn’t exist, it was just an alias file of the same name (EZDrummer). I deleted the alias file and tried installing the Avatar Midi again. This time it worked and confirmed it was installed successfully. However the product manager is telling me that Midi is not installed. Example screenshot2.

Next I installed Metal Foundry and Metal Machinery, both worked. Except the same issue. Midi appears to install through the product manager, but the product manager says it’s not installed.

So my problems at the moment. Product manager is telling me that Midi is not installed for Avatar, Metal Foundry and Metal Machinery. It appears they are installed as shown in screenshot5. This is a screenshot of what is inside library/application support/EZDrummer/Midi. When I go into the grooves tab inside of Toontrack Solo or SD2.0 while in Logic Pro X there are no midi files to select. If I click the ? tab inside of SD2.0 and select user midi folder it does nothing. Same results in solo and in Logic.

I don’t know how to tell SD2.0 where my midi files are. If I accomplish this maybe it will clear up the issue with Product Manager thinking midi is not installed.

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

ScreenShot5.png
    ScreenShot2-1.png

John

Hi,

then the problem is that alias/symbolic link.
    What *should* work is that you delete that ‘EZDrummer’ folder in ‘Library/Application Support’, then re-install the latest Superior 2.4.4 update, which should create the EZdrummer folder again and make it the ‘EZHOME’ repository on your system.
    Next, you install the MIDI packs again.
    After that they should be visible in the Grooves page in Superior 2.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Olof

Well, the issue could be that the old path is written in a user preferences file. Please open Finder’s Go menu and select “Go to Folder…” In the dialog that opens, paste in “~/Library/Preferences” without the quotes, then delete the file “com.toontrack.superior.auezdrummer.plist” if it exists. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t contain anything useful since you don’t have EZdrummer, but it may contain the old path that is causing the problems. Then check if Product Manager and Superior can see the MIDI.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Hardware
    Participant

@John said:
    Hi,

then the problem is that alias/symbolic link.
    What *should* work is that you delete that ‘EZDrummer’ folder in ‘Library/Application Support’, then re-install the latest Superior 2.4.4 update, which should create the EZdrummer folder again and make it the ‘EZHOME’ repository on your system.
    Next, you install the MIDI packs again.
    After that they should be visible in the Grooves page in Superior 2.

BR,
    John  

Thanks for the help John!

I deleted the entire EZDrummer folder and ran the update for 2.4.4 through the product manager. It created an alias file again instead of a folder.

I’m going to try Olof’s recommendation below next.

Hardware
    Participant

@Olof said:
    Well, the issue could be that the old path is written in a user preferences file. Please open Finder’s Go menu and select “Go to Folder…” In the dialog that opens, paste in “~/Library/Preferences” without the quotes, then delete the file “com.toontrack.superior.auezdrummer.plist” if it exists. Don’t worry, it shouldn’t contain anything useful since you don’t have EZdrummer, but it may contain the old path that is causing the problems. Then check if Product Manager and Superior can see the MIDI.  

Thanks for the help Olof!

I did exactly that and the file doesn’t exist (see screenshot). I sorted all files by name to make sure I wasn’t overlooking it.

ScreenShot1.png

John

OK,

if Olof hasn’t got a better idea, I suggest you download and install the EZdrummer 2 Demo.
    Make sure there is no ‘EZDrummer’ alias in Library/Application Support first.
    After installation, please test that the Demo starts and doesn’t prompt you to locate the Sound files. If it does, try pointing it to the EZDrummer folder that now should exist in Library/Application Support.
    If the Demo runs as expected, you can close it and then install the MIDI packs. Next, check that they are visible in Superior 2.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Olof

My alternative solution would be to delete the EZDrummer alias and the file {Mac HD}/Users/Shared/Toontrack/Preferences/com.toontrack.superior.auezdrummer.plist, then run the 2.4.4 updater again which should create a folder this time.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Hardware
    Participant

@John said:
    OK,

if Olof hasn’t got a better idea, I suggest you download and install the EZdrummer 2 Demo.
    Make sure there is no ‘EZDrummer’ alias in Library/Application Support first.
    After installation, please test that the Demo starts and doesn’t prompt you to locate the Sound files. If it does, try pointing it to the EZDrummer folder that now should exist in Library/Application Support.
    If the Demo runs as expected, you can close it and then install the MIDI packs. Next, check that they are visible in Superior 2.

BR,
    John  

Thanks John! You guys definitely know your product. Everything is up to date in Product Manager, all grooves are showing up in Superior Drummer. Perfect!

I’ve used the EZ Drummer demo in the past so it’s already expired which means I can’t use it. I’m guessing I can’t uninstall it since it will affect the EZDrummer folder? No problem if that’s the case.

Olof if you see this thanks for your help as well!

John

Good to hear!
    Uninstalling the EZdrummer 2 Demo now *should* not affect your system now, once the ‘EZHOME’ location is correctly set.
    If it doesn’t cause problems for you to have it installed even though you can’t use it, just leave it.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hardware
    Participant

I’ll leave it in place, no worries! Thanks again for the help, have a good one!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.