Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Are macros only useful with automation?

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

Macros can also be used in live, or recording situations to create movement while playing. When using an input controller of your choice, you can attach a macro to a knob (or slider, expression pedal, etc.) on your controller and turn them while playing. Would be similar methodology to old school synthesists who are opening and closing filters, or adding and removing resonance during their performance. Only limits to the possibilities are your imagination.

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

Thanked by: Rolomoto
    Henrik
    Participant

One big advantage of having the macros is that one control can change many parameters. You can, for example, have one control lower the volume of a mixer channel, while tuning a drum and changing the release time of the Level Envelope.

This “one control to change multiple parameters at once” is used alot in the presets that comes with the Toontrack expansions.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: Bear-Faced Cow
    Bear-Faced Cow
    Participant

One big advantage of having the macros is that one control can change many parameters. You can, for example, have one control lower the volume of a mixer channel, while tuning a drum and changing the release time of the Level Envelope.

This “one control to change multiple parameters at once” is used alot in the presets that comes with the Toontrack expansions.

Some of those presets gave be inspiration for a couple of my more recent presets. I’ve set up a macro knob that goes from a more “modern” mix to a Glynn Johns style of mix adjusting both faders and pans. It’s got me thinking, what else can I add to it (I’ll probably have that answer when I use it in a tune).

jord

Jordan L. Chilcott

Web Site: https://jordanchilcottmusic.com/

Hasse FX
    Participant

I have been experimenting to use macros to adjust the natural acoustics of the kits while setting up mixes. The macros include the levels of ambient microphones and some of the leakage microphones. Depending on how the mix proceeds I can quckly adjust the dry/wet balance in the SD3 submix.

• This post was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Hasse FX.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.