Any chance this might happen?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott

I guess it depends on the libraries you have. The latest Roots SDX has 5 zones for each cymbal (Ride Tip, Ride Shank, Bell Tip, Bell Shank and Edge/Crash, plus mutes).

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

There are definitely light pings and bells in every cymbal I’ve sampled for Toontrack.
    Maybe something isn’t right about your v-drum set up?

swgeorge
    Participant

I’m just looking now in the C&V SDX and for the cymbals there are only 2 articulations. Crash and Mute. In Avatar I see 3. Crash, Mute hit and Mute tail. In Metal Foundry, only 2. Crash and Mute. Like with the Ride I see 6 different articulations, but the splashes, crashes, chinas, etc… I only see 2 or 3. Am I missing something here?

Scott

‘The latest Roots SDX has 5 zones for each cymbal (Ride Tip, Ride Shank, Bell Tip, Bell Shank and Edge/Crash, plus mutes).’

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

swgeorge
    Participant

So no way the older SDX’s can get patched to include Ride Tip, Ride Shank, Bell Tip, Bell Shank and Edge/Crash, plus mutes. Or weren’t the samples recorded for the other articulations? I really have no interest for the Jazz sounds in Roots

Scott

Or weren’t the samples recorded for the other articulations?

You got it.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: swgeorge

I’m just looking now in the C&V SDX and for the cymbals there are only 2 articulations. Crash and Mute.

When you say cymbals you mean crashes.
    Because the rides all have bells and light ‘pings’. (Many of the crashes have light pings too, they are just labeled ‘crash’ in the articulations list).

Both rides and crashes are cymbals of course.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.