Americana EZX

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • rods2s
    Participant

+ 1 must say it sound so good  but will there be an SDX coming

Juicy
    Participant

TT has a policy of not talking about upcoming releases.It doesn’t say yes or no.
    You could of course run this EZX in SD2
    My vote would strongly be for a simultaneous release on both Platforms if applicable even if it delayed the release date.
    Nice raw samples like these seem perfect suitable for SD2.

Martin

Just got the email announcement about the Americana EZX. Looks great but will an SDX version or something similar be coming? If not, what’s the difference between the EZX and SDX samples and can you expect equally exceptional results from SD2 with an EZX vs an SDX?

The Americana EZX is just released, we are extremely proud of it and I can tell you this much; it won’t be released as an SDX in the near future. Will it ever? I don’t know, and even if I did I couldn’t comment on it.

SDX:s are larger than EZX:s. There is more samples, sometimes more articulations, the samples are raw and unprocessed and in higher resolution, 24 bit compared with EZX:s 16 bit (not that I can hear any difference). That’s the main difference.

Edit: And bleed control in the SDX, of course.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

zvenx
    Participant

hmmm googled and found this and figured I would piggyback instead of starting a whole new thread on it……I too love the sound of Americana Ezx, but as a superior drummer licensee would definitely have preferred it as an SDX.
    Let me ask this instead then, if I bought the EZX version and later and SDX version is available, is there an upgrade path?

rsp

Nuendo 5.5 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows 7|64 SP1 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad | Cubase 6.5 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.8 | 3GB | NI Komplete Audio 6

optofonik
    Participant

I’m wondering the same thing. I’ve read a few posts from Nashville EZX owners who were not happy about the idea of paying the same price as everyone else for Music City. Seems a reasonable criticism.

"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more attentive than our eyes..."

Luigi Russolo, 1913

Juicy
    Participant

ORIGINAL: zvenx
    Let me ask this instead then, if I bought the EZX version and later and SDX version is available, is there an upgrade path?

rsp

No at this point that is not done ,it should be, as some of us would prefer that path or choice.

Lets just say once i have the SDX version ,say Roots, i do not use the EZX version,Jazz in SD2 as i did in the past.
    It just sits on my disk doing nothing same with C&V and Vintage Rock.Music City and Nashville.
    Some people would prefer to still have both,some may wish just to X grade and in turn give up the EZ license.

In no way i am complaining but wish they may re think policy to find a good solution that suits them too.
    Perhaps it is too complicated.

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

ORIGINAL: juicy
    Lets just say once i have the SDX version ,say Roots, i do not use the EZX version,Jazz in SD2 as i did in the past.
    It just sits on my disk doing nothing same with C&V and Vintage Rock.Music City and Nashville.

This is one of the problems I have with purchasing an EZX. Since I don’t know if Toontrack will or will not release SDX versions of certain EZX libraries, I don’t wanna invest in those EZX libraries. If I buy an EZX, I will just replace or stop using the EZX version when the SDX version is released.

I get that, for Toontracks, there is probably much more profit in an EZX library than an SDX, though. The EZX libraries are great products and I think there will always be plenty of EZX customers. As for me, I’m (patiently?) waiting for new SDX libraries.

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Juicy
    Participant

One way of seeing it is,
    Currently you would be waiting for a long time, so…. you wait till the EZx is on sale and just get it anyway and use in SD2.
    If you get the EZx and don’t like it think of the money saved,

myron
    Participant

I have also wished I had waited to purchase the SDX of some libraries, instead of the EZ version. I do however understand that the two version are menat for different customers: those who great drums with no fuss and those who want full control, so instead of looking at the EZ version as a “SDX lite” I remind myself of TT intent.

You can always hold off on the EZX version and wait and see if and SDX version follows. In the past the time between the two releases is significant. I waited for Roots SDX for over 2 years, after purchasing Jazz EZX. (it felt like that, anyway). By the time Roots SDX arrived Jazz EZX had made it’s money back! It was worth the wait because of the addition articulations and features.

Toontrack does an incredible job offering arguably the best Drum Software in the business. Their commitment to their customers and to making quality drums deserves applause.

Having said all that, I would also love to see more SDXs, namely Americana SDX!

@Toontrack: Break time is almost over… we want more drums!!!!!

M1 Mac Mini • 16GB RAM • OSX 14.2.1 • UA Quad • Logic 10.8 • Kontakt 7 • Toontrack SD3

Martin

Having said all that, I would also love to see more SDXs, namely Americana SDX!

All drums that was recorded is already featured in the Americana EZX, so it’s pretty safe to say there will be no SDX based on that recording.

Martin Kristoffersson
    Sound Designer

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.