Alesis Nitro and Superior Drummer 2/3/ EZdrummer – Cymbal Choking

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • AdamR
    Participant

I have the same problem with Ezdrummer 2 on a Yamaha Dtxtreme III module upgraded to the dtx950 firmware plugged into macbook pro with usb to midi cable. If you choke the cymbal it stays stuck in the muted and choked sound. I also have problems with the hi hat CC4 sending a snare stick click sound when ever opened and closed.
    I love Ezdrummer demo but no one has been able
    to help me. I can’t buy it if I can’t get this fixed.

Felipe_drum
    Participant

Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit is very affordable and would be great to partner it with EZ2 or SD3 as a value offer. The only thing that is holding me up to buy SD3 instead of AD2 is to know how to solve the cymbal choke issue. A simple answer easy to find would definitively boost your sales.

Thanked by: Matthew Brown_1
    LAsouth
    Participant

Take a look at this post if you use REAPER.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=220520

If you don’t use REAPER, there may be helpful info in it.

Thanked by: perthisokk
    loutowart
    Participant

I also use a Nitro, USB to PC and I have the same issue. Would love a fix or an explanation

Thanked by: Matthew Brown_1 and bokelleher
    Henrik
    Participant

Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit is very affordable and would be great to partner it with EZ2 or SD3 as a value offer. The only thing that is holding me up to buy SD3 instead of AD2 is to know how to solve the cymbal choke issue.

This has been fixed in the latest version of Superior Drummer 3. We will have a look at it for coming updates of EZdrummer 2 as well, however – I can’t give any estimates on when this will happen, due to currently high workload…

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Mike McRoberts
    Participant

2 years later and still no fix for this?

Mike04987
    Participant

Wish I had known about this before I bought it. My plan was to buy addictive drummer but Sweetwater recommended ed2. Won’t  be buying anything toontrack after the way they have handled this screw up!!! Thanks toontrack for put your current customers last. That’s the way to lose business.

• This post was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Mike04987.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

It’s not fair to blame Toontrack for Medeli module shortcomings. BTW, you can have it easily fixed on any drum sampler (check my FB if you’re interested) 🙂

bokelleher
    Participant

It’s been three years and there’s no fix for this in EZDrummer 2?

I am on a 10 day trial, but even though I absolutely LOVE the drum sounds… this is an ABSOLUTE DEAL KILLER.

It seems as if the answer is… “buy SD3″… but $419 to fix a single problem that exists on many kits?

Not only will I not spend $419, but I’m unwilling to spend $179 for a broken ED2.

Come on Toontrack!

Spike6485
    Participant

having the same problem, crash choke wont release! needs fixing

sohzei
    Participant

This still appears to be an issue. Any indication that this is being addressed? -Using EZDRUMMER 3

• This post was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by sohzei.
    Matthew Brown_1
    Participant

We’re still waiting..

Olof

Cymbals should not stay muted if you are using the right preset: Alesis > Nitro (in EZD3/SD3). In SD3 you could also use a different/custom preset if you just make sure that “Single Choke Mode” is turned on in the Edit menu.

In EZD2 (version 2.2.3), use the preset “Alesis Nitro/Surge.”

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

• This post was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Olof.
    BlueMistral
    Participant

Go to Midi in/Edrums settings, select the preset for your kit and then below in the “edit” menu, check “Single choke Mode” and “lower choke threshold”, make sure to save the preset.

Heinz-Georg Hepp
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a Carlsbro CSD 601 and ran the EZD3 about a week ago. I have the same problem with the choke.

I can’t find the settings for “Single choke mode” in the menu.

Could you please help me again with details?

Thank you!

Best regards

Heinz-Georg

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.