Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Alesis DM10X help

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Nathan
    Participant

Your e-kit rain will give out MIDI for hits that may not be compatible with the default SD2 mapping.

Have you tried setting the MIDI mapping config to “E-Drum” in the Mapping page? Sometimes this works off the bat.

Sounds like you may be assigning one “articulation” of a drum to a new instrument with “learn”, but when playing are triggering more than one. Hi-hat takes some setting up too, if you do it manually. Try the E-Drum setting first, before you start trying to manually coalesce MIDI mapping tables.

Can you set MIDI changes on your Alesis drum module?

>

SD2.3, NYII, C&V, MC, MF, ED, Latin Perc, Twisted, Pop, N1H, Electronic, Classic, Funkmasters, Rock Solid, Blues, Indie-Folk.

Tim Seneca
    Participant

I know this issue all too well. I have a DM10X. You have to individually set your mappings on SD2. Right click on a drum or cymbal then hit learn then hit the pad you want. Then, you have to save the configuration. This will not carry over to each EZX or SDX pack or when you relaunch the program and if you decided to use a producer preset, that will change your configuration. If you want to use a producer preset then select it first then map your triggers. This is not a flaw of Toontrack, but rather Alesis. The DM10X module is not my favorite. I’m not saying it sucks, but it is not that great. Also it would help if our DAWs made a preset for it like they did with the DM5 (which I used to own and liked it). When I hit the left cymbal it triggers both the left crash and the ride. So I have to deleted the ride note from the mapping. Some days I wish I just held onto my DM5. Yeah it doesn’t have the same capability of the DM10 module like cymbal chokes but I could just program that like I used to.

Tim SD2, NY2, NY3, Evil Drums, Music City, Metal Foundry, C&V, Rock Warehouse, Metal Machinery EZD2, Metal Machine, Metalheads, Pop!, Indie Folk, # 1 Hits, Claustrophobic, Electronic, Rock Solid, The Classic, Metal!, Nashvile, The Blues, DFH, EZMix, EZKeys

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.